what to do between disembrking and a late flight home?

DCguys

Our X eclipse cruise returns to Port of Miami at 7am on Saturday 12/11. My flight home is from MIA at 1:30 so I'm going to just take a cab as soon as we get through customs (will it be hard to get one?).

I can kill time in the airport, but my partner is flying home from FLL. His return flight isn't until 4pm! He needs to arrange a shuttle from port to FLL airport (he doesn't want to do a cruise tour or anything, he's fine to hang out at FLL for a long while). What time should he reserve the shuttle for? Unlike me and my cab, he can't just hop in one when the time comes. If someone has time to kill, can they hang out at the cruise terminal, or is that just for arriving guests? Would you suggest we do this transfer through the cruise line instead of SAS or Go shuttle?

:confused:

Lines of cabs waiting at POM - the ride takes 15 or so minutes and costs a flat rate of $24+tip.

For FLL your partner should book with SAS (www.ridesas.com) - typical fare between FLL/POM or POM/FLL is $15 per person.

Since you both have time, sleep in on your last day and then enjoy breakfast in the MDR. Even if you drag it out you are likely to be off the ship and through customs/immigration by 9:00 or so.

Good luck!:)

Lines of cabs waiting at POM - the ride takes 15 or so minutes and costs a flat rate of $24+tip.

For FLL your partner should book with SAS (www.ridesas.com) - typical fare between FLL/POM or POM/FLL is $15 per person.

Since you both have time, sleep in on your last day and then enjoy breakfast in the MDR. Even if you drag it out you are likely to be off the ship and through customs/immigration by 9:00 or so.

Good luck!:)

Great about the cabs.

About taking it easy on disembarkation morning, don't they assign us a time to get off the ship (or meet someplace to then get off) and we have to leave then? Can we really take it easy? I guess I don't understand the logistics, please explain.

Also, we just moved to Boston from DC! I lived on U St for a decade and my partner was in Old Town for five. I bet you're having much nicer weather down there right now than we are in blustery Boston.

Cooled off for Thanksgiving but it has been nice so far. ;)

Based upon your flight times you will be assigned a number - they will call numbers throughout the morning. If you are not in a rush, ignore when they call your number and relax a while longer on the ship. We took our time, enjoyed breakfast in the MDR, and were still off the ship and clear of customs by 9:00. Good luck!:)

Archived