W Hotel, Casablanca Cafe and more in FLL

sweetlowcountry

We are sailing out today on the Celebrity Equinox and have spent the last 2 days in FLL. We've had a wonderful time! Here are my thoughts on our stay...

W Hotel - On the beach, BEAUTIFUL, very modern, great staff. I got this hotel on lastminutetravel for $100 and I'm shocked at how awesome it is! The bars are awesome, though a little pricey - cosmo and a beer cost us $22 last night. We have a full view of the ocean and the cruise ships from our room. The decor isn't my style for my home but it is awesome to stay in a place like this! Lots of modern art and really cool things to look at. Our king size room is comfortable and clean. The only weird thing about it is the bathroom is open to the bedroom. The shower has a huge glass wall that allows you to look at the view and tv but, strangely enough, you can look into the shower too... full view! This isn't bad for my husband and I, but if you are a very private person it might bother you. The toilet is behind a sliding glass door but it doesn't lock and you can see the outline of the person sitting down or standing up... Also, the valet/parking is $31 but I knew this ahead of time so it wasn't a surprise. If you are looking for a really cool place to stay, the FLL W is the way to go!

Casablanca Cafe - We had our "Thanksgiving" supper there last night. It was pretty good. We shared a Caesar salad - not much to write home about. Husband had the burger and fries and it was really good. I had the grouper with artichokes. It was awesome. We had the keylime pie (mine is much better) and the pumpkin cheesecake (it was yummy!) for dessert. The staff was great! Mike was our server and he was so nice. We sat outside with a direct view of the ocean. Lovely place to eat. I would eat there again. Its about 3 blocks away from the W so we had a nice walk to get there.

The Deck Bar and Restaurant - had drinks and lunch there. It is a very casual beach bar with fishnets and such hanging from the ceiling. We had the bruchetta and french fries for lunch and they were great! I must say I was surprised at this... The beer was cold and the staff was nice. It is within walking distance of the W.

Le Marche Bakery - I was a little disappointed about this one... It is located next to the W and I was hoping it would be a french bakery with lots of character and great pastries. As I walked in, I realized it was a glorified Starbucks. So sad. I'm personally a fan of the pricey coffee house

but I'm on vacation and would like to try something new. I got my regular iced mocha and croissant. I don't need to give you a review on it as we all know what to expect with that meal - good but overpriced. It looks to me like they have a more in-depth lunch menu but we will hopefully be on the ship by then so I won't partake in the lunch experience.

Have a happy Friday!

Archived