Epic swimming on embarkation day

CanadianTwosome

I've never used the pools on any cruise ship on embarkation day, but I'm thinking it might be a plan for our Epic cruise, since it may be the only time to try the waterslides without really crazy line ups. So, having no prior experience, my question is about towels... Since I'm not expecting to be able to go to our cabin on the way, will there be towels available on the pool deck?

I've never used the pools on any cruise ship on embarkation day, but I'm thinking it might be a plan for our Epic cruise, since it may be the only time to try the waterslides without really crazy line ups. So, having no prior experience, my question is about towels... Since I'm not expecting to be able to go to our cabin on the way, will there be towels available on the pool deck?

I think I read somewhere they have a $20 deposit for towels around the pool area. I would think it would not not be a problem but us Epic virgins dont know for sure ;)

We we're just on the Epic Nov 6 - 13th. What you do upon embarkation and prior to getting to your room where there will be pool towels left for you is, as follows: On the pool deck there is a "towel" shack. There are a couple of them (one near the main pools and hot tubs and another before entering the Spice H2 o area. It has extra towels there for you to use. You simply give your cabin number to the "towel guy" and he will give you a pool towel. After you are done using it, simply return it to the "towel guy" and he will pull the towel slip under your room number and destroy it. That way he knows and you know that the towel has been returned to him. This is the safest and easiest way to keep track of your towel for the first day. Once you get to your room and you have been given a pool towel, simply use that towel and return it to your room at the end of each day. When your room steward is making up your room in the evening they will replace the "used" towel with a new "fresh" towel. When you are using the towel on the pool deck and it is wet and you wish to get a "clean" towel, simply hand it in at the towel kisok (on the pool deck) and again the towel guy will give you a new clean, dry towel. Hope this helps you out. If at the end of the cruise there is no pool towel in your room for the room steward to replace, you WILL be charged $25.00! MY DH used the slides on the very first day, as we were on early and there were no line ups at all. Come to think of it, he was the first person to use all 3 slides that day and went on them several times while no one else was there. Big 52 year old kid!!

We we're just on the Epic Nov 6 - 13th. What you do upon embarkation and prior to getting to your room where there will be pool towels left for you is, as follows: On the pool deck there is a "towel" shack. There are a couple of them (one near the main pools and hot tubs and another before entering the Spice H2 o area. It has extra towels there for you to use. You simply give your cabin number to the "towel guy" and he will give you a pool towel. After you are done using it, simply return it to the "towel guy" and he will pull the towel slip under your room number and destroy it. That way he knows and you know that the towel has been returned to him. This is the safest and easiest way to keep track of your towel for the first day. Once you get to your room and you have been given a pool towel, simply use that towel and return it to your room at the end of each day. When your room steward is making up your room in the evening they will replace the "used" towel with a new "fresh" towel. When you are using the towel on the pool deck and it is wet and you wish to get a "clean" towel, simply hand it in at the towel kisok (on the pool deck) and again the towel guy will give you a new clean, dry towel. Hope this helps you out. If at the end of the cruise there is no pool towel in your room for the room steward to replace, you WILL be charged $25.00! MY DH used the slides on the very first day, as we were on early and there were no line ups at all. Come to think of it, he was the first person to use all 3 slides that day and went on them several times while no one else was there. Big 52 year old kid!!

Thank you so much! I'm absolutely certain that there was probably something like this on every other cruise I've been on, but I just never had any need to seek it out. I hope we have the same experience your husband did!! :)

Archived