Help! Xray on ship and at the airport!

lmwilken

if women are being asked to remove their prostetic breats, you can be sure you'll be asked to remove your boot.

you may also have hands touch you in places you never thought imaginable by strangers, and some are actually ok with this.

Watched a woman on my flight home today get scanned and passed through the TSA screening with the boot on her foot in Harlingen, Texas.

you're joking. what book are you reading?

Yes they CANNOT AND WILL NOT ASK YOU TO REMOVE IT.

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/specialneeds/editorial_1370.shtm

This is from the tsa website tonight.

Security Officers will not ask nor require you to remove your prosthetic device, cast, or support brace.

What is the CastScope X-ray?

A: The CastScope uses backscatter technology to produce an X-ray image of casts, braces, heavy bandages, and/or prostheses, allowing TSA to quickly and non-invasively identify any potential threats.

So, OP, don't listen to the Know-it all's here on CC, go to the TSA website, or call them, then you will know.

Also, for the person who has had to remove the leg,

During the screening process, please do not remove or offer to remove your prosthetic device.

You need to get the facts from TSA, not at the airport. So your DH does not have to hop around any longer.

Waldo to the rescue! Thanks for the great information! You're my hero! haha, that really helps! I can if need be, but like I said, it's very painful and the last thing I need to do is add to the swelling that's about to happen while flying! Thanks so much!

From what we have read if they have a reason to ask they can ask you to remove a prosthetic but have to bring you to a secure area. Also tsa has the right to look at and inspect and prosthetic and medical device. If op can go threw security without it on it may be quicker to take it off with your shoes.

Yes they CANNOT AND WILL NOT ASK YOU TO REMOVE IT.

Security Officers will not ask nor require you to remove your prosthetic device, cast, or support brace.

A: The CastScope uses backscatter technology to produce an X-ray image of casts, braces, heavy bandages, and/or prostheses, allowing TSA to quickly and non-invasively identify any potential threats.

So, OP, don't listen to the Know-it all's here on CC, go to the TSA website, or call them, then you will know.

During the screening process, please do not remove or offer to remove your prosthetic device.

You need to get the facts from TSA, not at the airport. So your DH does not have to hop around any longer.

Tsa agents do not always follow the rules and have absolute power so they will ask people to take limbs off and if people do not comply they can miss there flight or not be allowed to fly. Sometimes it is not worth the argument. Not all airports have that device so they use other things. I have never seen it ever. And we fly from Boston.

QUOTE=waldocruiser1;27045934]Yes they CANNOT AND WILL NOT ASK YOU TO REMOVE IT.

Waldo to the rescue! Thanks for the great information! You're my hero! haha, that really helps! I can if need be, but like I said, it's very painful and the last thing I need to do is add to the swelling that's about to happen while flying! Thanks so much!

If they ask you too I wouldn't refuse. Even if it it just while you sit and they run tests on it.

One time I flew and cruised with a boot on my foot and another time with a removable cast that went from ankle to thigh and both times I had a choice of removing them or having the wand passed over me. This was before the pat downs and full body scans went into effect. In both instances the TSA's were kind, courteous and helpful.

Wow, I am absolutely appauled at needing to take off prosthetic legs. That is horrible. What's next? Making women who were raped completely undress in front of everyone at the airport? Yikes....

Whoa, that's a strange comment. I see at least SOME kind of logic to looking at a prosthetic leg, though I agree it's appalling to demand they remove it. But what kind of risk does a woman with a rape history pose to airport security, and how would they even know about it?:confused:

On dr note, my sister in law ghas one for her hip or knee replacement. She showed it at the airport they had her do extra screening she said I have a nite and the person said. Who is to say that is real you could have printed it yourself. So a dr might make you feel better but they are not verifiable.

Totally agree with this..,I have two titanium knees. The first time I flew after the first knee replacement I showed the TSA the card I received from the hospital..they told me it was..in their words...USELESS..I could have gotten it anyway and therefore was subjected to the wanding..now I just ask to use the body scanner...saves me time...if they want to see my saggy body parts :eek: then they are welcome to do so...:D

Archived