Post Cruise transportation/private transfer

stacylv

I am traveling with a large family group. Flight out of SJ at 4... interested in getting off ship at 1030 and walking around old town/shop have lunch/fort and then head to airport around 130. Is there a tour company anyone reccomends that can arrange vans for us pick us up at port take us to old town hold the luggage on van and then take us to airport so about 3 hours?

Let me check for a card. We just returned from San Juan. We needed a taxi for 12 to our hotel. A great guy took us in his "tour" van. Could have put more in and he asked us about a tour. He was from San Juan, but went to college in California, very easy to understand and very very friendly. I know I have his card somewhere.

I would be interested, too, hope you find it! ;)

We are a group of three interested in the same plan on December 18. We will be returning on the Serenade, and our flight is not until 5:45.

thanks from a fellow Buckeye!

Sue

I'm a TA and will be taking a group to San Juan for an AOS cruise in January 2012. I would be interested in this info as well. Will need transportation from airport to hotel, hotel to ship and post cruise to airport. Any recommendation for pre stay hotels? Thanks from another Buckeye.

I'm a TA and will be taking a group to San Juan for an AOS cruise in January 2012. I would be interested in this info as well. Will need transportation from airport to hotel, hotel to ship and post cruise to airport. Any recommendation for pre stay hotels? Thanks from another Buckeye.

We will be staying at the Embassy Suites on Friday :D, so I will let you know how everything goes!

Sue

• 3 weeks later...

And we were very pleased. I arranged for the airport pickup, hotel to pier, pier and private tour after the cruise, plus hotel to airport the following day. Just contact Victor @ Countryside Tours and make the arrangements in advance. Their vehicles are newer, clean and very nice, plus all the information and restaurant suggestions were very helpful.

And you pay the driver directly, so no $$$/or credit cards prior to their services. We came away from San Juan with some very fond memories of their wonderful city.

We had an amazing cruise last week - it's so hard to come back to reality!

Loved the Embassy Suites. Great pool, good value with complimentary manager's reception and extensive breakfast, and a short walk to the beach.

We just took a taxi to the port the morning of departure, and on our return day, we used Jose from ToursbyLocals. He picked us up at the port, showed us around Old San Juan, kept our luggage in the van, and took us to the airport around 3:15. We had a wonderful day seeing OSJ.

ToursbyLocals must be prepaid, which some people are not comfortable with, but there is a company behind it if there are any problems. We just decided to trust that it would work out, and it did, very well.

My review of the cruise, including the precruise hotel stay and the postcruise tour, with tons of photos, is linked in my signature.

It was a blast!

Sue

Archived