Samana Tour with Terry - Need 4 more! Dec 5th

AzGunfighter

My wife and I are sailing on December 3rd on the Norweigian Dawn and need to find 4 people to take the tour with us, to meet the minimum Terry will take. Any last minute Dawn passengers interested?

Here is the tour info:

5) Low impact Culture, Beach & Waterfalls

This tour is designed for those looking to see a little bit of everything including culture with low impact activities. (no horses with minimal hiking)

Itinerary:

First stop is my family's property to see some awesome panoramic views from 1,400 feet (450 meters) above the bay, tour a typical Dominican home and see the different fruits and nuts that grow here in the tropics. From there we go to a small country town with a coral church, hand rolled cigar factory and a quaint gift shop that are all accessed from the same parking spot. (They also have clean bathrooms which make it an important stop as well.) Then we would hit the El Valle beach and waterfalls for lunch (fresh fish and chicken, with a typical Dominican buffet) on the beach. All the while you get as much Beer, Coke, Diet Coke and Water that you can drink.

The beach that you would visit is semi secluded. It is about a kilometer long but the problem is that the ocean can be a little rough at times, especially in the winter. The view from the beach is out of this world and most people don't care if they can't swim because the view of the mountains diving into the ocean is just so awesome. It's not that you can't swim it's just that you should not go out very far and on cruise ship days the local officials are very touchy about it. There aren't any lounge chairs at this beach yet but there are plenty of chairs available at the restaurant that we will eat at (you don't know where the beach ends and the restaurant starts). There is no snorkeling to speak of here either. The waterfalls however is a great place to swim and you can climb up and jump off of the falls into the pool below. (swimming is prohibited at the El Valle beach)

All sites on the itinerary are easily accessible but the waterfalls is a 10 min walk although the trail is pretty easy.

You will spend at least 1 hour 15 min total driving time throughout the countryside. (Once our roads get repaved that should be considerably less.)

You will have all that you can drink: Beer, Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite and water.

We need a minimum of 8 participants:

Price:

$60 for adults

$45 for kids 11 and under

Lunch included as well as all your drinks (except when in restaurants).

You will be returned to the dock at the end of the day.

Feel free to message me back. We will be checking the boards right up until Friday morning when we leave for the ship.

Thanks,

Larry & Sharon

My wife and I are sailing on December 3rd on the Norweigian Dawn and need to find 4 people to take the tour with us, to meet the minimum Terry will take. Any last minute Dawn passengers interested?

Here is the tour info:

5) Low impact Culture, Beach & Waterfalls

This tour is designed for those looking to see a little bit of everything including culture with low impact activities. (no horses with minimal hiking)

Itinerary:

First stop is my family's property to see some awesome panoramic views from 1,400 feet (450 meters) above the bay, tour a typical Dominican home and see the different fruits and nuts that grow here in the tropics. From there we go to a small country town with a coral church, hand rolled cigar factory and a quaint gift shop that are all accessed from the same parking spot. (They also have clean bathrooms which make it an important stop as well.) Then we would hit the El Valle beach and waterfalls for lunch (fresh fish and chicken, with a typical Dominican buffet) on the beach. All the while you get as much Beer, Coke, Diet Coke and Water that you can drink.

The beach that you would visit is semi secluded. It is about a kilometer long but the problem is that the ocean can be a little rough at times, especially in the winter. The view from the beach is out of this world and most people don't care if they can't swim because the view of the mountains diving into the ocean is just so awesome. It's not that you can't swim it's just that you should not go out very far and on cruise ship days the local officials are very touchy about it. There aren't any lounge chairs at this beach yet but there are plenty of chairs available at the restaurant that we will eat at (you don't know where the beach ends and the restaurant starts). There is no snorkeling to speak of here either. The waterfalls however is a great place to swim and you can climb up and jump off of the falls into the pool below. (swimming is prohibited at the El Valle beach)

All sites on the itinerary are easily accessible but the waterfalls is a 10 min walk although the trail is pretty easy.

You will spend at least 1 hour 15 min total driving time throughout the countryside. (Once our roads get repaved that should be considerably less.)

You will have all that you can drink: Beer, Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite and water.

We need a minimum of 8 participants:

Price:

$60 for adults

$45 for kids 11 and under

Lunch included as well as all your drinks (except when in restaurants).

You will be returned to the dock at the end of the day.

Feel free to message me back. We will be checking the boards right up until Friday morning when we leave for the ship.

Thanks,

Larry & Sharon

Hi Larry & Sharon,

We have the same problem except we will be there Dec. 10 on the Enchantment. I have post on the roll call a few times with no additional takers. Just a suggestion, your group could stay until we arrive on the tenth;) as we also need 4 people. Good luck, hope you find more people. Anyone interested on Dec. 10th excursion please let me know. I will also be check until Friday.

Archived