Overnight in port last night - how early can you disembark?

voyager70

I've phoned RCI a couple times and can't seem to get a definitive answer. We're looking at a cruise out of Venice next summer which spends the last night in port in Venice. Does anyone know about how early you can disembark the final morning if the ship has been docked overnight? We docked in Civitavecchia at 4:00 AM one year & were off the ship by 6:00 AM. I was hoping to be able to catch an early flight back to the US to save some serious $$. We would be fly in a couple days early to explore Venice. Thanks for any info.

We're on the same cruise next October and have been wondering the same thing. We're thinking of booking a return 8:00am flight. I understand the airport doesn't open til 5:00am. I ran this by my TA and he said he thought we'd be fine with that. I suspect, too, that the cruise line may offer airport transfers at that early hour since we'll already be in port, but I don't know that definitively. I am trying to find out the same info you are!

We're also looking at an 8:00 AM return, possibly even 7:45 AM. If we could be off the ship by 5:00 AM it is very makeable, but no one seems to know. We're also Diamond and would self disembark. Otherwise we would have to spend around $1000 - $1500 more for a later flight. Please post if you find out anything definite. Thanks!

You could walk off in the middle of the night if you choose, just make sure your account is all settled and no issues that would hinder your quick disembarkation

Wow that's great news - thanks Sue! I always secure my account with a CC so that's no issue. I just didn't know if there would be RCI staff working at the gangways to process disembarking pax during the early morning hours. I've been on nearly 20 cruises but have never encountered a situation like this. Amazing how you can get more information on these boards than through RCI agents. Thanks again.

Wow that's great news - thanks Sue! I always secure my account with a CC so that's no issue. I just didn't know if there would be RCI staff working at the gangways to process disembarking pax during the early morning hours. I've been on nearly 20 cruises but have never encountered a situation like this. Amazing how you can get more information on these boards than through RCI agents. Thanks again.

Most of them have never sailed

Archived