Bahia Mar ...which building?

farmgirl65

We have stayed both times in the Marina Building and really enjoyed it so I cant compare the two. However most people seem to like the main or tower building. The Marina Building is 4 stories and we would only like to stay on the side with the marina view in a room with BALCONY. The garden view rooms in this building overlook the parking lot. There are only about 4 rooms with balconies on each floor. If I couldnt get a marina view with balcony I think the main building would probably be better. The location is great. Near water taxi, sun trolley and some restaurants.

Tower. The higher the better. It's been a while since I've been there, but word was that the marina building had a musty smell to it. That could be all different now. It's been sold since I was there. I specifically asked for a room on the upper floors with a view of the ocean and marina. I got a corner room with both views. Sweet.

We have never been on the jungle queen, but use the water taxi. If you have never used it, do it! Great tour and many stops to shop, eat, drink, ect. google fort lauderdale water taxi to read about stops. Some people last time where doing a bar hop from it for the day. It is also only a 30 minute walk down the beach to the port entrance to look at the ships. Small store next to hotel for snacks, soda, beer, ect.

I stayed here last year before our cruise. I may be the only one, but i was disappointed. the check-in seemed to take forever, the clerk did not seem like he was interested in helping. It was an older hotel, definetly has a musty smell to it.

It was okay for the money and only one night.

I stayed here last year before our cruise. I may be the only one, but i was disappointed. the check-in seemed to take forever, the clerk did not seem like he was interested in helping. It was an older hotel, definetly has a musty smell to it.

It was okay for the money and only one night.

It IS a moderate hotel. Nothing fancy. THe lobby is very small and at certain times, was very busy when we were there. We didn't have any problem with staff. We got a good deal for a tower room by getting a convention rate I foundand was priced right for the location.

Archived