Christmas dinner in tampa

snow bunny

Help! Our family along with my parents are in need of a place to enjoy a Christmas Dinner in Tampa before we get on the Carnival Legend. Would prefer a "Traditional" Christmas dinner if possible.

Snow bunny

Considering you are talking about dinner ON Christmas, it is very likely that many locations are closed that day. Though alot of places that used to be closed on Thanksgiving were open this year, you just never know.

It would narrow down recommendations if we knew what area of town you are staying at (and if you have your own transportation too). I would first recommend, if you are staying at a larger/chain hotel, to see if they are offering a sit down meal at their restaurant. That would I would start checking first.

If you are staying near the port then there are two locations that I can think of right away, though I didn't see anything on their web sites indicating there were open (or closed) on Christmas, are:

Jackson's Bistro, Harbour Island

813-277-0112

Gallagher's Steak House, Channelside

813-229-8000

Michelle

(I live in the Tampa area)

There are actually quite a few restuarants open in the area on holidays, primarily catering towards the retiree/snowbird crowds who don't have much family in the area. I have a client/friend who is open on Christmas (we're a good bit north of Tampa, though) - it's his busiest day of the year. Also, most of the restaurants that are in the bigger hotels are open.

Perfect timing, today the St Pete Times website put up an article with info on the Christmas plans of a lot of the Bay area's well-known restaurants.

http://www.tampabay.com/things-to-do/lists/these-restaurants-offer-christmas-dinner/

Hope this helps & hope you find someplace to your liking.

I don't know if it is open on Christmas Day, but the Columbia in Ybor City is great.

It's included in the article I linked and they are indeed open. Can't tell from the article if they are "full menu" - I know a lot of places that are open on Christmas do a scaled down menu, sometimes even just a choice of a few entrees.

Columbia is one of my favorite restaurants around here.

If you are staying near the airport, you can look at the Grand Hyatt, They usually do several Christmas Brunch/Dinner Buffet dinners with lots of selections of food including Turkey and roast. I would look at any of the hotels as they have to be open for the holiday usually their restaurants will do something or offer some sort of holiday special.

Thank you. We are going to looking into Spoto's grille as it has turkey!:D

Snow bunny

If you're in the vicinity of the Tampa airport, Spoto's will be a bit of a drive - 30 minutes or so. It's across the bay, in the city of Seminole. But if you don't have anything else to do, it shouldn't be a big deal. There obviously won't be any workday traffic tieups.

I've not been to Spoto's but have heard very good things about it. The owner is a long-time bay area restaurant guy; I've been to a couple of his previous places & they were very good.

If you're in the vicinity of the Tampa airport, Spoto's will be a bit of a drive - 30 minutes or so. It's across the bay, in the city of Seminole. But if you don't have anything else to do, it shouldn't be a big deal. There obviously won't be any workday traffic tieups.

I've not been to Spoto's but have heard very good things about it. The owner is a long-time bay area restaurant guy; I've been to a couple of his previous places & they were very good.

My parents winter in Largo and this doesn't look too far from them. We have our reservations and many thanks to everyone!! 30 minutes isn't that far and we will get to drop in at the park my parents are at to say hello to a few friends.

Snow bunny

My parents winter in Largo and this doesn't look too far from them. We have our reservations and many thanks to everyone!! 30 minutes isn't that far and we will get to drop in at the park my parents are at to say hello to a few friends.

Snow bunny

IIRC Seminole & Largo are adjacent; if you miss the sign, you won't realize you've left one & entered the other.

Thank you. We are going to looking into Spoto's grille as it has turkey!:D

Snow bunny

We try to eat at Spoto's when we are in the TB area. The atmosphere is very upscale IMO. They have a very nice wine list as well. The restaurant is family owned and they take a lot of pride in their food and service. You will not be disappointed with your choice to eat here.

Archived