T.V's on Poesia

ardt64

I have read that there are no hook ups on the tv's. When we were on the Orchestra last year we were able to bring the Wii and were able to hook it up to the room tv. Does anyone know if this will be possible on the Poesia?

Satincruz you are the best, thanks for the pic. We totally limit media when at home (no tv and only a little bit of computer games/wii on the weekend) so when we go on vacation it is a treat for them to get to play. Especially with a little weaker children's program on MSC it is reassuring.

That's what I was told too.....BUT I just got off the Poesia.......I was UNABLE to hook up my PC......the TV's have been disabled from changing inputs. The TV will only work from the remote. You can't do ANYTHING from the TV itself...volume, on/off, channel change can ONLY be controlled from the remote.....which doesn't allow input changes. In short.....I'm pretty sure you can't hook up ANYTHING to the TV.....sorry. I was told this by the IT dept on the ship.

Shoot, I hadn't thought of that.

If you have room in your luggage, though, you may as well pack the Wii. If anyone can figure out how to get it to work, it will be the kids ;)

If that fails, someone else did recently post this:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=27030732&postcount=3

And at least there's more room to move around in the kids' club than in the cabin. I hope they'll get enough time to play.

I posed this question to my son and he thinks that if we bring a universal remote (with instructions) we may be able to get it to work. Thoughts?

I think that's worth a try.

If your son just can't figure it out on his own, go over to the part of the kids' club where they have their Wii hooked up, and see how they've done it/ask them. If they don't know/remember, you can ask at reception to have a ship's electrician come by your cabin, and he should be able to get it to work. One thing about that, I don't think that the electricians speak much English. So if you speak any Italian, or have time to learn any--this will help a lot. Otherwise, there are 2 hostesses on board that are very fluent in both languages, so they could write out the phrases for you, or even come by to translate if they're not too busy.

Sounds like a lot of steps, but I think you will eventually get it done :)

Ah, good idea :)

Although that's not to say you'll need to use it extensively. Almost all of the crew will speak/understand English--possibly even the electrician, if you do need one. But I said that only b/c they work mainly behind the scenes and almost never talk with pax, so I assume they haven't many opportunities to practice their English. The ones I've seen have been friendly and polite (speaking in Italian), though :)

I'm sure there's a code/combination of things to push on the remote, or TV, to gain access to the TV controls.....BUT I couldn't get it from the ship's techs.

Maybe if you get the right guy he may help you out, I'm pretty savvy with that stuff, and was unable to do anything. Apparently people were screwing up the settings, color, etc...with the TV's, so they disabled all functions, internally.

• 1 month later...
I posed this question to my son and he thinks that if we bring a universal remote (with instructions) we may be able to get it to work. Thoughts?

Hi ardt64,

Were your children able to get the Wii hooked up on the cruise?

I hope that you all had a great time ;)

Archived