if i book the dj i get my reception in the club?

spyslick1

yes, if you book the dj your reception's in the club! i didn't mind (tacky or not) i feel like it sets the tone for a more "fun" atmosphere - which i like!

on the options of entertainment requests for carnival you can book a technician (not sure the term they used) but someone to use the ipod/cds for you (i think it was about the same price as the dj - around $100). which is why we just went with the dj. there's really no savings by running the equipment yourself - and alot less to worry about if you ask me!

Yeah I keeping reading that if you want the DJ they normally give you a club or lounge with a dance floor for your wedding. Most do look kind of tacky to me as well, but hey... it's a small thing to me. I have no idea what venue we will get since we are not using a DJ. On NCL it is $300 an hour which seems kind of steep to me for such a short time.

When I booked the Dj I was told that you can submit a list of songs you want played a few weeks before the wedding, or you can bring the original CDs. I have read that brides brought burnt CDs and had no problems getting those to be played.

Otherwise, they play billboard top 100 or something lol

Yeah I keeping reading that if you want the DJ they normally give you a club or lounge with a dance floor for your wedding. Most do look kind of tacky to me as well, but hey... it's a small thing to me. I have no idea what venue we will get since we are not using a DJ. On NCL it is $300 an hour which seems kind of steep to me for such a short time.

Wow! That is a crazy amount, I think. I am glad I didn't end up choosing NCL because it seems like all of the a la carte charges are very high. The DJ for Carnival is $75 for the one hour and $105 for the 1 1/2 hour. But I totally don't want the light up neon floor... so I am thinking of using one of the bands.

I have a list of songs, though, what I really want to do is put a playlist together on my iPod and bring my own speakers... Sounds tacky, right? The wedding coordinator strongly advises against that... which means I probably should do it... LOL:D

Wow! That is a crazy amount, I think. I am glad I didn't end up choosing NCL because it seems like all of the a la carte charges are very high. The DJ for Carnival is $75 for the one hour and $105 for the 1 1/2 hour. But I totally don't want the light up neon floor... so I am thinking of using one of the bands.

I have a list of songs, though, what I really want to do is put a playlist together on my iPod and bring my own speakers... Sounds tacky, right? The wedding coordinator strongly advises against that... which means I probably should do it... LOL:D

I love you ladies, you give me my laugh for the day almost every day!

NCL is money hungry, but Carnival will allow me and my same-sex bride to spend our money on their cruises but won't let us marry on their ship. It's the lesser of two evils girl! lol

Oh and get this... we can bring an Ipod for the reception, but we have to pay ($100)their sound guy to play it because no one else is allowed to touch their equipment...but ummm, I thought it was my Ipod?!?!? wouldn't they just be hooking it up to their speaker, but we would still be pressing play & stop on MY ipod?!?!? :rolleyes:

I love you ladies, you give me my laugh for the day almost every day!

NCL is money hungry, but Carnival will allow me and my same-sex bride to spend our money on their cruises but won't let us marry on their ship. It's the lesser of two evils girl! lol

Oh and get this... we can bring an Ipod for the reception, but we have to pay ($100)their sound guy to play it because no one else is allowed to touch their equipment...but ummm, I thought it was my Ipod?!?!? wouldn't they just be hooking it up to their speaker, but we would still be pressing play & stop on MY ipod?!?!? :rolleyes:

I need to thank you for suggesting that I book with Carnival because my first choice was NCL! It sucks that they won't marry you. I would have thought that Carnival would be THE line that would be open to that... but I don't cruise so I guess I don't know... I swear I thought I heard about them having same sex cruises... hmmmph to that!

Carnival has the same thing with the technical person who can hook up the ipod... but, unfortunately that person is already booked with the first wedding for the day I chose. I guess only one person per ship knows how to set up an ipod??? It's $75 on Carnival.

I would have thought that Carnival would be THE line that would be open to that... but I don't cruise so I guess I don't know... I swear I thought I heard about them having same sex cruises... hmmmph to that!

I was VERY surprised that they weren't. I guess since they are the cheapest cruise they make the most money so it's really no loss to them. At any rate, I'd still cruise with them. I only had one so far with their line but it was the best!

Carnival has the same thing with the technical person who can hook up the ipod... but, unfortunately that person is already booked with the first wedding for the day I chose. I guess only one person per ship knows how to set up an ipod??? It's $75 on Carnival.

Aww darn it. So will you still have music?

Sometime I think it will all go so fast that I may not even realize what we have and don't have!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived