Wanting to go to Sydney Australia

Starlite1

Hi! I've never been on a cruise before.

My departure point is Los Angeles and want to go to Sydney but sometime this year, possibly summertime.

Are there cruise ships that go there that time of year? and what are some discount ones, for i am not rich.

You need lots of money for a cruise like that, plus you need lots of time. A cruise to Australia would take at least 3 weeks. I don't know of any mass market lines that cruise directly to Australia, and none that cruise in the summer. You would have ports like Hawaii, Hong Kong, Singapore, and maybe some in New Zealand. No cruise would just cruise direct to Sydney. Every cruise that goes to that part of the world does so in January through March. Nothing in summer. There are no discount cruises for Australia. You can expect to pay more than $5000 for something that would start in LA. The only cruise ships that would leave from LA and go to Sydney would be ships that are doing a world cruise, like Crystal or Cunard. The only other way to do this is to fly to Sydney and board a ship there, for a cruise that would go all around the continent of Australia. But airfare for that would be nearly $1000.

Princess cruises has a cruise around April 2006 that goes from Sydney to San Francisco for 29 days I believe...quite a few stops and it runs about $3000 per person cruise only.

I know that that Sapphire Princess is doing the New Zealand/Sydney itinerary right now...my daughter is in Sydney for the year and she went to the harbour and took some photos of the Sapphire Princess for me.

Emmy

Archived