Live from Silver Spirit, Bridgetown to FLL, Dec 10 - 20

Atomica

Everything was fantastic at our party last evening. I think everyone had a great time and met a lot of other nice folks. The Captain, Staff Captain, Paolo, Fabien(F&B), and several other officers showed up and stayed longer than usual.

We are going to be in 702 on the 1104 Silver Cloud trip from Barbados to FL on 1/29-2/7. So we have room for a CC cocktail party. How did you manage to get the officers to attend?

Great bog, by the way.

Chris

WILL FABIEN BE ON FOR WC?

I would assume that Fabien would be aboard for at least part of the Silver Spirit WC, since he just came aboard on 11 Dec when Maurius left for vacation. I believe that Fabien may well be in line for a Hotel Director job in the near future.

• 3 weeks later...
We're home and almost fully recovered from the depression of having to leave Silver Spirit. Just a couple of notes that I thought might be of interest. First, the TSA will not allow you to check luggage until 3 hours prior to departure. We had a flight leaving FLL at 1700 and the ship got us to the airport at @ 1030 with 4 large bags. The choice was to either shlep the things around for a few hours or take an earlier flight at an additional charge. Needless to say, we elected the earlier flight, but that's another story. Second, Paolo, Mauro Mazzola(Chief Engineer), the Chief Electrician, and the Salvatore, the Staff Captain all left for vacation in FLL. They were planning to start the new smoking policy with the departure from FLL on the Christmas cruise. Paolo will go to the Shadow in March for the refurb in Singapore( 2 weeks ). Captain Corsaro will stay with Silver Spirit until Aukland and will then go on a short vacation. He'll be back aboard in late April. He will then leave in late July again for vacation and be back aboard in mid-Oct until Dec. It's a pretty sure thing that he will move to Silver Whisper for the WC in Jan. Mauro Mazzola will go to Whisper in late Dec. If you have any questions, fire away. Merry Christmas to all.

Do you know how the new smoking policy will work? I was interested in the Christmas cruise for this new year, but I am a smoker and need to know how restrictive smoking will be. Thanks.

Jeanne

The only thing changed in the smoking policy is that you can no longer smoke on your balcony. You can smoke in your stateroom.

Thanks Doug. You were very kind to respond.

BTW, I really enjoyed your postings. I always admire those who take the time to report on their travels.

Jeanne

Archived