NYC cruise to Bermuda June 5th

schoolinmy3

We are meeting friends on a cruise to Bermuda June 5th. They are coming from near Pittsburgh, PA and we are coming from near Charlotte, NC. Is it possible to meet somewhere (like Allentown, PA) and drive in together to the port? That way we would only have one vehicle to leave at the port. We could leave the day before and Allentown is about an 8 hour drive for us from NC. Would park and fly hotels allow someone to park a car at their hotel for a week for a cruise instead of for a flight? That way we could leave the second vehicle at the hotel in the Allentown area. Does this in any way make sense?

Thanks

Diane

It makes sense, but the details are fuzzy.

You need a hotel. Do your friends need a hotel or are they driving the same day?

Is there something special about meeting in Allentown, which doesn't seem so convenient for you coming from NC?

The park/sleep hotels don't care if you are flying or cruising or whatever. I am staying in one at Newark in Feb to cruise out of Bayonne. For cruising out of NYC your only choices seem to be Newark Airport or Homewood Suites in Edgewater NJ.

We live in Charlotte and the most direct route that I saw with Bing maps does take us past Allentown to get into NYC. I am directionally challenged so maybe there is a better route. I am not sure if my friends are staying in a hotel or not, but either way they have to pass Allentown as well. There is a Sheraton there that is a park and fly. I just thought it was at a good point in the trip to stop - 8 hours for us. I will check out the Newark area too thanks!

diane

My sense of direction was not good on this one - you do go by Allentown. I would definitely choose that over Newark. If you want to be closer, perhaps we can find you another choice that is a bit closer to NY. Sometimes if you just ask, you can leave your car at a hotel if you spend one night. That doesn't work really well close into NYC, but it might a bit further out. It doesn't necessarily have to be an official park/sleep/fly hotel.

My sense of direction was not good on this one - you do go by Allentown. I would definitely choose that over Newark. If you want to be closer, perhaps we can find you another choice that is a bit closer to NY. Sometimes if you just ask, you can leave your car at a hotel if you spend one night. That doesn't work really well close into NYC, but it might a bit further out. It doesn't necessarily have to be an official park/sleep/fly hotel.

Thank you for your help and advice so far. I don't know if we need to be closer to NYC if we are staying overnight pre cruise. My husband is pretty comfortable driving in NYC and my friend and her husband have been there several times as well. I don't know if they want to drive straight from PA or stay overnight as well. How early do you suggest we be at the pier for a Sunday departure in June?

thanks

diane

Archived