Island Princess - Emerald Deck

bmtpsu

I was thinking of booking a room on the Emerald Deck of the Island Princess. The only rooms left now are forward or aft, which would put the room right over the Universe Lounge or the Princess Theater.

Could anyone who has had a room on the Emerald Deck please let me know how the noise was in the evening :confused:

I was thinking of booking a room on the Emerald Deck of the Island Princess. The only rooms left now are forward or aft, which would put the room right over the Universe Lounge or the Princess Theater.

Could anyone who has had a room on the Emerald Deck please let me know how the noise was in the evening :confused:

We stayed all the way aft on the port side. I think it was E736. We heard NO noise what so ever from the Universe Lounge.

-Andrew ;)

We had a room on the Emerald Deck on the Crown that was right above the theater. It was very convenient. Most of the time, we went to the shows after our second seating dinner. If you're one who likes to go to bed early, the noise may keep you awake. By the time we went to bed, the shows were over. I went to bed early one night because I was very tired--and turned out to be tired enough that the noise did not keep me awake.

We LOVE the aft veranda cabins on Emerald - cat BE - on either Island or Coral. We've been in E626, 703, 708, 710 and 704. Extra large verandas with extra headroom, very private, fully covered, quiet, absolutely the best. In our experience we liked the port side cabins from 708 forward the best - there's a garbage room vent on the starboard side Promenade deck all the way forward that we could sometimes smell even that far aft and up one deck. But we love those aft BE cabins and wouldn't book anything else. The Universe wasn't used much on any of our cruises, and when it was, only once did we hear a little bass (it was Do Wop Night as I recall) and it was over by 11 or so. Book forward of 708 if you're concerned about it.

Cheers,

Kirsten

Archived