Sleep Inn - Baltimore??

sunbeach18

We're going on our first cruise in July - and we thought it would be best to drive in the night before and stay at an affordable hotel in the area which we could park our car and get a shuttle to and from the port. After reading many many posts here and calling a bunch of the hotels to get a better idea, I think we are leaning towards The Sleep Inn...Has anyone stayed there recently and if so how was it? When I spoke with a representative of the hotel they said they were using a number system when picking up from the port...Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

We're going on our first cruise in July - and we thought it would be best to drive in the night before and stay at an affordable hotel in the area which we could park our car and get a shuttle to and from the port. After reading many many posts here and calling a bunch of the hotels to get a better idea, I think we are leaning towards The Sleep Inn...Has anyone stayed there recently and if so how was it? When I spoke with a representative of the hotel they said they were using a number system when picking up from the port...Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Was at the Sleep Inn in Sep. and Oct. 2010 for ParkSleepCruise thru Stay123 and we would repeat again. The shuttle in Sep was empty and with side trip to BWI to drop off a family we were at port and boarding in approx 1 1/2 hours. We left the Hotel at 11:00am. When we returned from Cruise we called and were picked up within 30 min. Other Family members did Holiday Inn Express and had bad experience both directions (arriving at port behind a large Group)

The Oct shuttle was very busy and was not well organized. Would have been better if Hotel used assigned times. The shuttle back to hotel was great. The Shuttle arrived minutes after our call because another couple was already waiting. Since we did self-assist off the ship and early, the shuttle was not very busy. We lucked out.

Not much around the Hotel. We did laps in parking lot for our morning walk (not good) and the eating selection is not good. We at the Restaurant next door (do the Bar room) and the meal was good (sandwich).

We did teh Sleep Inn package in early December through 123stay and would use it again. Rooms not bad (very clean). Shuttle was OK. There were pushy people wanting to be the 1st ones on, no surprise. We choose to just wait it out at the hotel rather than wait in the cruise terminal. Upon arrival back at port, we tried calling for the shuttle after we cleared customs (very easy this trip), but got yelled at because we were still in the terminal, so wait till you get outside. Maybe a 30 minute wait from phone call till we got on the shuttle.

Also see the posting Port of Baltimore, where to stay?

Here is thread #132 from that posting:

icon1.gifNew Downtown Baltimore Hotel with Shuttle to Cruise Port

I just booked a "Park and Cruise" package at the Sleep Inn & Suites - Downtown Inner Harbor, Baltimore, MD. It is a new hotel - opened two weeks ago. The price of their package varies (Currently $119 + tax for a one night stay before the end of February) and the number of included free days of parking varies, depending upon their busy times through the year, according to the manager, Abraham. They offer free shuttle to/from the cruise port with the package. Their phone number is (410) 779-6166.

Also see the posting Port of Baltimore, where to stay?

Here is thread #132 from that posting:

icon1.gifNew Downtown Baltimore Hotel with Shuttle to Cruise Port

I just booked a "Park and Cruise" package at the Sleep Inn & Suites - Downtown Inner Harbor, Baltimore, MD. It is a new hotel - opened two weeks ago. The price of their package varies (Currently $119 + tax for a one night stay before the end of February) and the number of included free days of parking varies, depending upon their busy times through the year, according to the manager, Abraham. They offer free shuttle to/from the cruise port with the package. Their phone number is (410) 779-6166.

Hi Savvy...thanks for this info.

This hotel is not located at the Inner Harbor, but several blocks from both Harborplace and Harbor East, close to Little Italy. I believe the building was once a furniture store. ;)

http://www.sleepinn.com/hotel-baltimore-maryland-MD222

Archived