Middle names on passport - not on booking

dixieagle

Wonder what they would have done if you were

a.) a man with no middle or maiden name, or

b.) an unmarried woman with no middle name, or

c.) a married woman with no middle name, who had kept her own name when she married.

:confused:

Great questions! I wish I had thought of those scenarios when I was getting my license as I really didn't want my maiden name used as my middle name. Actually, I think the agent who insisted I had to have a middle name was either mistaken or just asserting her authority. We've all probably been subjected to the "incompetencies" (for lack of a better word) of the DMV in one way or another. ;)

Great questions! I wish I had thought of those scenarios when I was getting my license as I really didn't want my maiden name used as my middle name. Actually, I think the agent who insisted I had to have a middle name was either mistaken or just asserting her authority. We've all probably been subjected to the "incompetencies" (for lack of a better word) of the DMV in one way or another. ;)

Suggest that when your DL is up for renewal, just take along your passport to the DMV and request the name on your DL be changed to eliminate the middle name.

Knowing Secure Flight was coming up, when I renewed my DL a couple of years ago I took along my passport to have the middle initial on the DL changed to full middle name. The DMV handled it without a problem. So, you should be able to eliminate your middle name when you provide proof of your legal name.

Archived