gtaylor or anyone else who can help - beach recommendation

acceber32

gtaylor, I have through a lot of posts and it seems like you know St. Martin pretty well. We are looking for a nice beach to spend a few hours at in January as we will be on the Carnival Dream. We are looking for a place with soft sand, calm waves, clean restrooms and it would be nice to have some amenities (water equipment rentals, restaurants, etc) as well but they aren't required. I would prefer to stay close to the pier but if it is worth our money to travel a little ways away we will. It's been several years ago since we have been to St. Martin and we really enjoyed Great Bay beach when we were there; however, after reading through posts it does not sound like the beach we remember nor do I want to have my 16 month old DS in polluted water. So, any recommendations? I have read that Little Divi beach is close but is that water polluted since it is so close? Thank you for any help you can give. And thank you to anyone else who can help!

If you haven't been to Orient Beach yet, you should go visit. It's one of the finest beaches in the Caribbean, and every visitor needs to experience it at least once.

By taxi it's a couple of dollars more per person each way, but I consider it definitely worth it.

It is truly an entirely different quality of beach (sand, etc.) over Little Bay, and provides an array of choices of drink, food and activities.

gary

Two things I didn't address.

I'm not aware of any concerns with pollution at Little Bay Beach.

At Orient, the most calm water is usually closer to the Club Orient (clothing optional) end of the beach. If the weather makes even that part of the beach too rough, le Galion Beach, known as 'Baby Beach' because of the calm waters, is only minutes away by taxi. When you get to Orient, take a peek before you let the taxi leave.

gary

Archived