CAS Upgrade Fairy

thelion

I couldn't believe it, but my cruise friend and I booked the Radiance on our Monarch on December 17th. A couple of days ago, he got a call and asked if we wanted to be upgraded. Wow. The Dec. 17th cruise made him Diamond Plus and me 23 credits. We only paid $339 each (not including the balcony discount) for a guarantee balcony. I can't believe we got a GS for 4 nights on the Radiance on Jan. 13th!!!!

Congrats.same thing happened to me on a 5 night RD(as it also did for another CC person on here).......same price,same upgrade.........

Please, I mean no offense nor disrespect..........but now you see why D+ are upset that they are overlooked by the Upgrade Fairy......this is a great example of C&A not even adhering to their own rules.:eek::rolleyes:

Patti......this has happened to us as well, but we can't gripe, as when we had under 60 Cruise Credits, there were a couple that had about 90, that only received a GS upgrade, while we received an OS upgrade.

Granted, that since we first started with Royal Caribbean, we have only booked full suites, and mostly OS's.

However, on the ATH cruise, we became wise to what the C&A desk was doing, and booked JS's, knowing that we would be upgraded. That cruise was the only time that we knowingly thougth that we would be upgraded to OS's, as so many were open.

Today, we are back to booking and paying for what cabin we want to cruise in.

Rick

Archived