First time Paul Gauguin cruisers

mallbucks

We are a couple from Alberta interested in booking an Oct./11 cruise on PG. From your past experience, for convenience and price, it is better to book with an on line TA, local TA, or with the cruise line itself? We would fly to LA on our own and plan to take advantage of the free air currently being offered by PG. I know it is forbidden to post TA info here, but if you have good information, please ask for our email address.

Any other info you could offer to us first timers on this cruise line would be most appreciated. We have mostly sailed Holland America, Celebrity or Princess - this is our first higher end type cruise. A 10 or 11 day itinerary is the most interesting to us. Thank you.

Congratulations! You are going to have an experience you will not forget. We sailed on the PG twice, once in 2007 and once last year. The islands are a unique experience, and so is the ship. The stories and pictures of our trips are on our website http://www.stevekathytravels.com

Our e-mail address is also there in case you have any questions, which we will be happy to answer.

You may want to look at my in depth report.

I would compare a local TA against PG. The local TA will probably offer the same exact price. That being said, you may need a night (or more) pre or post cruise that the TA can help you with and you may need transport to/from the pier, depending upon your cruise schedule. I have seen some posts from people that they called PG directly and were able to get a cabin upgrade at no cost, I did not achieve that.

I did find an on line TA who advertised a $200 per cabin on board credit. I brought this to the attention of my TA who matched it. I would think that going with a TA should at least get you a couple of hundred on board credit.

You are welcome to peruse posters profiles and email for information.

Since PGCruises has only been an independent entity for a year, their track record of direct customer relations is brief. I'd find a TA (not necessarily local), who knows the ship and can give you good advise about cabins, pre-cruise stays, etc.

Archived