Snow on the Explorer

parrotplay

I'm sure the decks will be constantly swept----if it is just a light snow with light winds the water should be fairly calm but if it is a storm with windy conditions--- the seas will be rough. We are expecting a blizzard here today so the seas will probably be rough until the ship is out of the storm system.

I'm sure the decks will be constantly swept----if it is just a light snow with light winds the water should be fairly calm but if it is a storm with windy conditions--- the seas will be rough. We are expecting a blizzard here today so the seas will probably be rough until the ship is out of the storm system.

I was thinking of the blizzard we just had when i posted. We had such high winds and lots of snow

We arrived back last February in the snow. Not as bad as yesterday's storm, but enough to close down NJ that day. We didn't have snow on the ship, but there was snow in Bayonne. The parking lot was plowed. Cleaned off the car, got some help shoveling out, and backed out of the parking space. Route 440 and the NJ turnpike were well plowed and we made it back to central NJ with no problems. I don't remember the seas being particularly rough coming back into port.

There are some pictures floating around of the Explorer deck covered in snow. Perhaps someone will post them. The one thing about sailing out of Bayonne is that the weather is rarely a factor - the ship arrives and leaves regardless. Delays in the schedule are known ahead of time and are generally caused by medical emergencies. Last year the Explorer was late coming back from dry dock, but that was known ahead of time. I always monitor the ship's arrival so I don't get caught in one of those SNAFU's.

Archived