A Truly Epic Cruise Dec 18 - 25!

CanadianTwosome

CanadianTwosome, Did you attend the Cirque show? I read from earlier reviews there might be bad/good seats.

We did, and we all loved it. We paid for premium seating, and at first I thought we'd been stiffed, because there was a table between us and the 'show', but we had no trouble seeing everything worth seeing. My husband was also chosen to participate at one point, so of course we all got a kick out of that. We were in the same venue for the murder mystery lunch, and we were seated upstairs. I made a point of looking around the floor and trying to guage what my view would be like for the Cirque show, and when we returned that evening I decided that the upstairs seating would be great.

The only thing I could see being a potential issue is the pillars, but neither of the seats I occupied had any issues. We really enjoyed the show - and I now understand why I've seen so many female (I'm assuming) posters mention how much they enjoyed the fellow in the tub... :eek::p

Fellow in tub? I think I will keep that to myself and not mention to the DH. Lol I appreciate the info. I plan to pay for the premium seats as well.

I think my only other advice regarding the Cirque show is to ignore the backstory. I think it was nice of them to come up with a thread to tie the acts together, but since I was just there for the acts, I would have been just as happy with a 'ringmaster' that announced the various performances. I think part of the reason they present it the way they do is so that they can continue to 'entertain' while people are eating. As each course is served, the visual acts cease and the singers continue to 'narrate' the story. It's definitely a little silly, as some have mentioned, but not the least bit offensive, as others have suggested (in my opinion). More than anything, it's just background to keep your senses stimulated between acts. :)

Archived