Turtle friendly?

mrar

Hello,

When dh and I decided to go on a cruise I knew I wanted to see sea turtles. However, was turned off from it when reading the Barbados threads about how there can be too many people and it's crowded not to mention people kicking turtles accidentally and whatnot. The St. Thomas boards seem to have a different opinion and was wondering if anyone had a bad experience or on the other hand really enjoyed this excursion? I'm typing this from my phone so I appologize if it's a little disjointed. Thanks!

Coral World will always have them.:) Sea Turtles graze in sea grass and most visitors to the Island want beaches with nice sand or coral/rocks for snorkeling. There are some areas that have both good snorkeling and occasional sea turtles, but the only place you can be sure of them is still Coral World. Enjoy you cruise.

B.

You should not be so close to the turtles that they can bite you (consider one of the foods of the Loggerhead is conch - their jaws can crack the shells). Look, but don't touch. Many countries, including the US, have laws prohibiting molesting the turtles.

We've seen them while snorkeling at Turtle Cove/Buck Island (small island just outside the Charlotte Amalie harbor) on a catamaran snorkeling tour. Also large spotted eagle rays.

Art

Archived