Side trip to Ruins on way to Nachi Cocom???

Luvstocruise2

Hi All,

Have not posted in awhile, as I spend time on "other" boards, but with the vast experience cruisers on here must have, a quick question:

We will be in Cozumel via a Disney Cruise in Feb 2011.

The family we are travelling with have booked the Nachi Cocom beach day with us, but want to make a stop at some Mayan ruins on the way to Nachi Cocom. So...in anyone's experieince, is it practical to suggest to the taxi driver to take us to ruins that are on the way (San Gervasio is in the opposite direction of Nachi Cocom). There are smaller ruins (can't remember the name) that are about 5 to 7 miles from Nachi Cocom, that we think we could spend maybe half an hour viewing and then continue on to Nachi Cocom.

We know the average taxi ride one way to Nachi Cocom is about $20.00 for 4 people (we would be using two taxis probably). Would adding $25.00 to each taxi ride cover this extra (plus any admission to the ruins) or is this not feasible.

Looking forward to finding any thoughts on this,

Thanks in advance

Luvstocruise2

Ooh, I would love to know the answer to this as well. We will be going to Nachi in May, and I would love to see some Mayan ruins as well. We will not be able to do them on our other port stops, so this would be excellent!

Archived