LIVE from the LIBERTY 1/2/11

Will give full review when back on the 10th but so far every thing is going perfect. Sailed on 11/27/10 and RCL corrected the concerns I noticed then. According to cruise staff this is the most diverse group they've had on board. Over 46 countries represented. 3 days of perfect weather thus far and forecast will mimic the rest of the sailing. Today, we are in Costa Maya, I am currently at the Maya Chan Beach club. If you have no plans in future sailings for what to do when visiting Costa Maya I would for sure recommend this place. Reservations required and limited to 40-50 total per day. My turn at the beer pong table, I'll update more later. :)

Will give full review when back on the 10th but so far every thing is going perfect. Sailed on 11/27/10 and RCL corrected the concerns I noticed then. According to cruise staff this is the most diverse group they've had on board. Over 46 countries represented. 3 days of perfect weather thus far and forecast will mimic the rest of the sailing. Today, we are in Costa Maya, I am currently at the Maya Chan Beach club. If you have no plans in future sailings for what to do when visiting Costa Maya I would for sure recommend this place. Reservations required and limited to 40-50 total per day. My turn at the beer pong table, I'll update more later. :)

Thanks for posting. I look forward to your review. We sail on her Jan. 30 and also have reservations at Maya Chan!

Hey John you gonna do the Belly Flop again?!? I'll be at Costa Maya Feb 8th and have reservations at Nohoch Kay Beach Club (I think it's the former Pez Quatro that the hurricane destroyed)...is the Maya Chan near it?

Hey wolf, Not sure.. We looked at that before hand but am super glad I went with Maya chan. This is a totally all inclusive. Food is much better and selection as well. A lot of shelf and 7 different beers to choose from. I'll for sure post pics of bar and selection. They also include a lot more activities, kayak, snorkel, bikes, tubes, golf, and I think I have convinced them to get a BEER pong table. Ok have to go... P.S. SJCRUISER, I know what day we get back, but I'm sure I won't be posting til 10th, LOL I wish I could squeeze in a another day for free...LOL:D

Funny, enjoy the rest of the cruise.

I'm waiting to see some recent pics and reviews. Liberty review are very slow in being posted either by the board or cruisers. It can be weeks before anything new comes up for Liberty on the review section of the home page. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for delay with updating this, but since home had a few family issues arise.

Tonight I'll post a few pages with pics and walk you thru one of the better cruises I've experienced on RCCL with the family. We arrived in Miami on the 1ST of Jan. We had a group of 12. DW, DS with his GF, DD with her DH and his parents, and 4 friends of the family. Stayed at the Spring Hill Suites airport. My wife and I planned many surprises for our group. Starting with the ride to the cruise port. I informed group that we had a van picking us up at 10:30 am. When standing outside waiting for our van to arrive a 24 passenger white Cadillac Escalade pulled into the lot. I joking said to the group "Wouldn't it be cool to get a ride to the port in that?" "Wonder where that damn van is!"

168764_1621823818027_1009401317_31351403_5357227_n.jpg

163291_665886661031_40007393_36575774_845083_n.jpg

162915_1295629871828_1262760713_31161864_2434753_n.jpg

Yes, the limo was for us!

The ride over to the port was about 25 minutes in total. We arrived at port at 11 am. Took about 5 minutes to unload the vehicle. We walked into the front doors and I could already tell that RCCL had corrected some of the concerns I had from sailing the month prior. There was visible staff out side the building making sure people knew where to go. Once inside it took 5 minutes to go from front entrance to last security check before entering the big hall. Check in was a breeze. Total time from curbside to that "DING" you hear when boarding was 22 minutes.

169078_1295630871853_1262760713_31161869_6063869_n.jpg

Once on board I had to take care of one small issue. We had requested a table for 12. The sea pass cards showed two table numbers. Issue handled in less then 5 minutes. Then it was off to the Windjammer for a quick bite to eat.

163764_1295632871903_1262760713_31161879_7485337_n.jpg

View from our table.164573_1295033816927_1262760287_31160192_1164212_n.jpg

“Al Mirqab has length of 133.00 meters (436.35 feet) and beam of 18.00 meters. The summer deadweight of the yacht is 1,440 metric tons and the gross tonnage is 5,000 gross tons.

The yacht is really amazing, offering a large number of entertainments on board, which will be provided by the 21 crew members, who will care for the owner and all the guests 24 hours a day. The yacht Al Mirqab is one of the most interesting and luxury yachts, having own helicopter cap, two jacuzzi, small fast boat, water jets, cinema, outside bars and whatever you can imagine.”

… the Al Mirqab was in town and I heard the owner had lots (10+) of bodyguards.

Archived