Room service question from Newbie

ripaula

Is room service available around the clock on ruby princess ? And how quick is it?

I'm planning to bring a press pot, and to request hot water from room service in the AM. (Sadly addicted to coffee as soon as my eyes open.)

Seldom have ordered room service ANYWHERE...my few hotel rs experiences entailed about an hours wait..

Is room service available around the clock on ruby princess ? And how quick is it?

I'm planning to bring a press pot, and to request hot water from room service in the AM. (Sadly addicted to coffee as soon as my eyes open.)

Seldom have ordered room service ANYWHERE...my few hotel rs experiences entailed about an hours wait..

Room service is 24/7 with some exceptions during embarkation & during disembarkation. Be aware that due to wasteful pasengers ordering 12" pizzas & throwing a lot of it away, they now charge $3/order (not per pizza) to deliver it to your cabin. We always tip for any type of room service but it's an individual decsion on whether to tip & if so how much.

Here's some info from the Princess FAQs on their website & hope it helps you plan:

Passengers may call for personal complimentary Room Service at any time of the day or night. To have continental breakfast delivered to the stateroom, fill out the breakfast card included in the stateroom portfolio (one is also placed on the pillow) and hang it out at night on the stateroom door in order to receive delivery the next morning at the time of your choosing. For a full stateroom menu, passengers may review the stateroom portfolio, call the number listed in the telephone directory or press the "Room Service" button on their phone.

Below are some examples of what's offered on the complimentary Room Service Menu. Please note that Coffee, Iced Tea and Milk are available 24 hours a day.

Sandwiches (served with your choice of french fries, potato chips or coleslaw).

•Club House

•Roast Beef

•Roast Turkey Breast

•Tuna Salad

•Peanut Butter & Jelly

•Vegetarian

Soups and Salads

•Soup of the Day with Saltine Crackers

•Assorted Mixed Garden Greens

•Caesar Salad with Grilled Chicken Strips

•Chef's Salad

Hot Dishes

•Beef Chili with Black Beans and Tortilla Chips

•Baked Italian Lasagna

•Moroccan Vegetable Crock Pot with Pita Bread

•Croque Monsieur

•Grilled Hamburger or Cheeseburger

•Hot Dog

•Grilled Chicken Sandwich

From the Pastry Shop

•Caramel Flan

•Chocolate Fudge Cake

•Chocolate Chip Cookie

It will take the same amount of time to get hot water to you as it will take to get your coffee. And then the water will not to that hot. Just put out your door hanger before you go to bed, and mark the time you want your coffee or bk delivered in the AM and it will be there. Or you can wait until you wake up and call your order in. For just coffee it will take 15 or 20 min.

Our room service breakfast was always around 10 minutes earlier than the requested time on our door hanger on our Princess cruises (not Ruby). If you just require water, you could try requesting a standing order from room service for a certain time each morning, and ask for it extra hot, as the coffee is usually only lukewarm. A tip will be very much appreciated.

We thought room service was excellent on Emerald and Grand. :)

If you put the breakfast request out, they will be there at the requested time everyday. It gives a half hour window, but they were right on time every single morning for us. We've only been on the Emerald but room service was always quick if we ordered it on the spur of the moment. And the food was pretty good too.

Archived