Is the balcony worth it?

ba10rk

We just cruised last month in an inside, our first non-balcony cabin in several years. Did we miss the balcony? You bet, thank goodness it was only a 4 night cruise or we would have gone crazy.

Not just for natural sunlight, but as others have mentioned...coffee in the morning, a glass of wine before going to dinner. I put my makeup on out there, since there isn't great lighting in the cabin. We read out there on sea days, just get fresh air sometimes without having to get dressed to go up to an outside deck.

The first thing my husband said when we entered our inside cabin was "can we find a sledgehammer to smash through the mirrored wall over the bed?".

We did it for the cost of the cruise and may book an inside again for a short cruise, but more than 4 nights? No way. Worth it for a balcony?, you bet :)

[quote name='lovemylab']A balcony is only worth it if you'll be using it.

DH and I had balcony cabins on our first two cruises, and found that for us it wasn't worth it as we spent very little time on the balcony or in the cabin.[/quote]

I agree with this. In Alaska, yes, worth it! For us, in the Caribbean, we didn't use it that much. It was nice, but we could've done without it. But, everyone is different.

[quote name='sjcruiser']Yes, but only if your going to use it, and you will use it!!! This will be our fourth cruise, and third balcony. Early morning coffee, fruit and pastries, or an afternoon reading a book/taking a nap, watching the sun set or rise, late night watching the stars/moon, the view when pulling in/out of port. Well worth the extra cost.[/QUOTE]
I 2nd these comments! Oasis will be my 4th cruise and 3rd balcony! I will never cruise again without a balcony cabin!

Enjoy!!!

DH and I went w/o the kids last year and originally had a Promenade Room booked, which we were excited about. We would "never" have paid the extra for a balcony. We managed to grab a really short lived deal on a Balcony Guarantee for that cruise for LESS than what we originally booked the PR for, thinking it was a wonderful bonus, lucky us, since we "would never" pay that extra for the balcony. :D

Well, we are sailing again in a couple weeks, this time with the kids (8 & 11) and the first thing DH said when we started talking about the possibility of the trip was "we have to get a balcony again"...lol.

There are a lot of good points for the balcony if it is a possibility for you, financially. As someone said, if there were illness on board and you were confined to your cabin it would make a world of difference to be able to crack the door open and get some fresh air.....coffee and breakfast in the morning while getting ready, appetizers and a drink while getting ready for dinner, watching the runners late to get back on board in port is HILARIOUS, some space for one to sit while the other gets ready, if you are travelling with kids it is somewhere to sit at night once they are in bed, if you are not BALCONY CLUB.....

[quote name='ba10rk'][SIZE=4]Is the balcony worth it on the enchantment?? it is my first time doing the balcony but this is my second cruise. i am doing 12night cruise to southern caribbean in feb. please tell me if it is worth it or not! any pictures would be greatly appreciated. THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE:D:D[/SIZE][/quote]
It really depends on how much you want to spend-our cruise to the Eastern Caribbean is for 9 days on Enchantment out of Baltimore next May. While we might get use out of a balcony every day and it would be enjoyable, we did not feel comfortable spending $1200 more(we have an outside cabin) for a few drinks, coffee in the morning,etc.-nice but not worth $1200. We have been on the Enchantment before and there are many nice places to be outside. Again-how much do you feel is excessive fee for the time you will use it.

Archived