Constellation Curacao question?

TorontoSailor

I also posted this in the Curacao section, but have not got an answer yet, so thought I would also try here.

Has anyone ever taken the Celebrity shore excursion in Curacao that involves taking a boat to the beach (description below)?

I was wondering which beach this excursion goes to (the brochure/info does not say) and if it is a good one. Would we be better just taking a taxi to a particular beach, or is this a pleasant outing? It is not that expensive.

Anyone been on it?

Thanks.

Your relaxing day at the Beach begins with a scenic boat trip from the ship dock. As you travel along Curacao’s coastline to van der Valk Beach, you will have a great view of some of Curacao’s monuments and beautiful beaches.

Upon arrival you may relax on your complementary beach chair as you sip your complementary beverage, take a swim, a walk, or just sit beneath the shade of a coconut tree. A bar & restaurant as well as restrooms are located on the beach for your convenience.

Please Note: Participants should wear swimsuit under clothing, sunscreen and sunglasses as well as carry a towel. One soft drink is included upon arrival.

Tour Restrictions: Passengers have to be able to navigate steps safely without assistance to board the transfer boat.

I also posted this in the Curacao section, but have not got an answer yet, so thought I would also try here.

Has anyone ever taken the Celebrity shore excursion in Curacao that involves taking a boat to the beach (description below)?

I was wondering which beach this excursion goes to (the brochure/info does not say) and if it is a good one. Would we be better just taking a taxi to a particular beach, or is this a pleasant outing? It is not that expensive.

Anyone been on it?

Thanks.

Your relaxing day at the Beach begins with a scenic boat trip from the ship dock. As you travel along Curacao’s coastline to van der Valk Beach, you will have a great view of some of Curacao’s monuments and beautiful beaches.

Upon arrival you may relax on your complementary beach chair as you sip your complementary beverage, take a swim, a walk, or just sit beneath the shade of a coconut tree. A bar & restaurant as well as restrooms are located on the beach for your convenience.

Please Note: Participants should wear swimsuit under clothing, sunscreen and sunglasses as well as carry a towel. One soft drink is included upon arrival.

Tour Restrictions: Passengers have to be able to navigate steps safely without assistance to board the transfer boat.

What ship are you on? Constellation???

Check this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147277-i583-k1880515-Van_der_Valk_Beach-Curacao.html

Yes, on the Constellation. It is there on the Shore Excursions for our sailing.

The confusion, for me, arose from van der Balk Beach, which I could find nowhere.

It would seem from the info you provided that that is probably Kontiki Beach.

Has anyone else been there or on this Celebrity excursion?

Archived