weather conditions,transatlantic Apr.2/05

mary.g

It's really difficult to know what to pack. I've just had a call from Germany where it is snowing & bitterly cold. Hopefully the weather will improve by the time we get to Genoa but with tight luggage restrictions in Europe it is quite a dilemma. We will be hopping on & off a few planes & with checked in baggage restrictions of 20kg on most European airways it will not be easy.Any suggestions how the rest of the group will handle this??? Mary:)

Mary - hope someone else can answer this question for you, cos I certainly can't!

I'm having to pack for all weathers as my whole trip is 3 months duration! Need summer clothes (I hope) for my San Diego stay and at least the Caribbean section of our transatlantic. Would expect Europe to be a little cooler on arrival late April, but getting warmer nearer the end of my stay in June.

Add to that my insistence on taking enough formal clothes for not only the 3 week (for me) transatlantic, but also my 10 day HAL cruise out of Venice in May!

Shoes....don't even get me started :eek:

Maybe I'll get some good advice on here too.

Would love to be able to give you good constructive suggestions but the weather is so difficult.

We had more snow last night - the temperature now at 7.25 a.m. is minus 15c and we are told it will be down to minus 20 tomorrow. Now tomorrow is 1st March and things should be getting warmer normally.

Lets hope that by the time we all get back to Europe things will be much more "normal". I would suggest that you all have at least one warm thing with you - snag I know is the amount of space that they take up in the packing. Working on the "layer" principle - or as marge says "onion" - perhaps 2 thinner but still warm items.

We had more snow last night - the temperature now at 7.25 a.m. is minus 15c and we are told it will be down to minus 20 tomorrow

:eek: :eek:Wow - czechmate - want me to send you some sunshine??? We have been having days repeatedly 30 degrees plus (celcius) 'down under'

Working on the "layer" principle - or as marge says "onion" - perhaps 2 thinner but still warm items.

Just love that "onion" idea :D - layers is the only way to go I think.

Morning Everyone:

This will make you cold weather friends feel better about coming our way. This past week (here in the Tampa area) has been 78 to 80 degrees by day and 60 to 63 at night. I cannot fathom living where it is bitterly cold and snowy for months. Just call me a "baby." I have asked our Florida gods to give everyone beautiful weather in April so you may thaw out.

Vic & Carol

robynp - I thought I had a problem with 45 days.

maryg - wear black, black and black. The cruise really makes it harder than usual. I think because we are transatlantic we might not see the ladies bringing so many dressy outfits.

I think the group of us that will have to travel light need to meet once in awhile and say "Oh Robyn, that outfit is so cute". LOL

:)Thank's I needed to hear that, I keep wt. our bags/ were going to be gone 10 wks. ;)

//

robynp - I thought I had a problem with 45 days.

maryg - wear black, black and black. The cruise really makes it harder than usual. I think because we are transatlantic we might not see the ladies bringing so many dressy outfits.

I think the group of us that will have to travel light need to meet once in awhile and say "Oh Robyn, that outfit is so cute". LOL

Archived