NCL Pearl Beer Question

2FLGuys

Beers on draft available at this location are Bass, Heineken and Stella Artois. The best thing about this is the value - you get a tall beer glass for $6.84 total, which is a better value than a bottle anywhere else on the ship (which will be a tad bit cheaper, but less beer!).

So I'm new to NCL but not new to cruising. I am so ready for the NCL experience one because I am a huge foodie and look forward to the many restaurant options but as well because they seem to have "EVERYTHING" aboard their ships.

Hey, 2guys, I see you're not new to cruising so I'm probably not telling you anything you don't know. The food is pretty much high-end institutional. It's not prison food, or even university dining hall fare. But it's never going to compete with that great hidden bistro you found down the alley on that trip to xxxx. I find it pretty much always edible, and occasionally sensational, but I'm wondering if a true foodie might find it disappointing. I do, however, like the variety on NCL.

The highlight, though, is right next door, at Bar Central's Maltings Beer & Whiskey Bar, which ... ranks as the absolute, number-one beer and whiskey bars at sea today. Designed with comfortable leather chairs and a faux still for ambience, it offers a menu of 46 brews, a small selection of meads, 23 single-malt Scotches, 7 blended Scotches, 9 Irish Whiskeys, 7 Canadian whiskeys, 17 American bourbons and a partridge in a pear tree.

Wow, that's not the Maltings I know! I would seriously question 46 selections. That said, NCL, to their credit, generally seems to offer a smattering of local beers from their ports of call. We had Spanish, Italian, and even a Turkish beer on a Mediterranean cruise; a couple of craft Seattle/Alaska beers on an Alaskan cruise. I'm easy to please, so even that limited selection put me in heaven.

You won't tend to find microbrews, but they do have a decent selection of European beers. I do recall ordering at Maltings on the Pearl (and Gem too...essentially the same ship) the Sam Smith's Nut Brown Ale, Newcastle, Boddington, McEwans Scotch Ale, Stella Artois, Bass, Harp, Peroni, Tsing Tao, Guinness...that's off the top of my head.

pex: Too funny.

Brenda: There is a post higher up that tells you how much a bucket goes for. I can't remember. And you can save a few clams by bringing a 6 pack with you each time you get back on the ship (from what I have read on here.) Just doubting you will find Bud Light Lime in every port? Have a wonderful vacation.

pex: Too funny.

Brenda: There is a post higher up that tells you how much a bucket goes for. I can't remember. And you can save a few clams by bringing a 6 pack with you each time you get back on the ship (from what I have read on here.) Just doubting you will find Bud Light Lime in every port? Have a wonderful vacation.

Thanks for the info. I did find that myself too. I told my hubby. He's a bit skeptical but willing to try it out. Getting very excited...8 more days!!!

I wanta see the list of 46 beers. I still believe that 38 of 'em will look and taste like pee.

For that option you need to get Hinano, the beer of Tahiti. Really awful stuff.:eek: :eek: :eek: Everyone should try it once, but it will cure you of ever wanting any more. :cool:

Archived