Question for Kiwi Kruzer

clr0806

We are presently booked 11-21-11 Auckland to Sydney. All the travel sights indicate this would be the last part of spring into Summer. I don't mind cool reps but now questioning if a Jan departure would be better as far as weather goes. Where I am from latevspring is ideal.

In the jparts where it will be cool, it will be cool later as well (Dunedin, Milford sound) We had breezy weather in Auckland on our Nov cruise but elsewhere it was lovely. I would personally prefer early to mid fall Mar-April but that is just my preference.

The best time to go is when you can. Worst time is never.

We are presently booked 11-21-11 Auckland to Sydney. All the travel sights indicate this would be the last part of spring into Summer. I don't mind cool reps but now questioning if a Jan departure would be better as far as weather goes. Where I am from latevspring is ideal.

kia ora,

Weather in NZ can vary any time of the year. At present there are huge floods in Australia (Queensland) while here parts of the country are in drought conditions. In NZ, the better weather tends to come after Christmas & you are more likely to get wind, rain & cooler temperatures in November. Currently here in the Bay of Plenty temperatures have varied from low to mid twenties. No doubt if he's around Kiwi Kruzer will have further comment.

Aquarians

kia ora,

Weather in NZ can vary any time of the year. At present there are huge floods in Australia (Queensland) while here parts of the country are in drought conditions. In NZ, the better weather tends to come after Christmas & you are more likely to get wind, rain & cooler temperatures in November. Currently here in the Bay of Plenty temperatures have varied from low to mid twenties. No doubt if he's around Kiwi Kruzer will have further comment.

Aquarians

A bit cool for this time of year I would think. It was warmer when we were there in November 2 years ago! (but yes it did rain a bit as I recall-was having too much fun to pay it any mind) :D

In the jparts where it will be cool, it will be cool later as well (Dunedin, Milford sound) We had breezy weather in Auckland on our Nov cruise but elsewhere it was lovely. I would personally prefer early to mid fall Mar-April but that is just my preference.

The best time to go is when you can. Worst time is never.

So true! Thanks for the input.

As others have said its very hard to predict.

As a very general rule the best weather is around Feb/March, when things tend to settle down a bit.

Having said that our Dec cruise had great weather. The coldest part was just out of Sydney and in Hobart, due to a strong southerly blowing up.

It wont get really cold, but the wind factor can be chilly so you just have to layer, as you do in Alaska.

Archived