Miracle 2/20-2/27 "snapshot" review

mikeymars

A couple of comments:

The passengers on the miracle for 2/20-2/27 were a great bunch. Kids were under control and people seemed very friendly and considerate.

The Reuben did disappoint. I love reubens but once I tried it I went to the turkey and pastrami which was infinitely better (less fatty).

I disagree somewhat with the comment about the Miracle singers being just fair. I thought they were Vegas Show quality in every respect. The band was fantastic and the Beatles Tribute was incredible.

One more thing...the ship...though completely booked didn't seem over-crowded and was free of smoke in most all areas. Perhaps is due to the ship's design ("Spirit Class") and the particular class of people (mostly families) on vacation during President's week.

Steve

Mikeymars thanks for the review. Can you tell me more about the sea lion encounter. We are doing this in March. We have a 2:15 slot and a 3:00 slot. Do you think we will have enough time to get back to the ship? Thanks

Ihoban, keep in mind that shore time at that port will be an hour behind ship time. In terms of schedule, you are probably cutting things a little too close with that 3:00pm slot. I'll explain why below.

We did the noon sea lion encounter; the whole encounter part itself runs about 35 minutes, with another 10 involved in subsequently viewing the video they shoot afterwards. At that time, if you decide to buy the video, you have to walk next door to the gift shop and pay; your copy of video itself isn't available however until about a half hour later. Because we did the first encounter, we had abundant time afterwards to have lunch, do some snorkeling and pick up the video before leaving the park to return to the pier at about 3:30pm local time (4:30pm ship time). The cab to the pier took no more than 10 minutes, so we had about a half hour to shop in the pier area before reboarding the ship at about 5:10 ship time (you have to be aboard no later than 5:30; ship sails at 6).

For your 3pm (4pm ship time) encounter, presuming you want to purchase the video, you won't be able to leave the park until about 4:15 local time at the earliest (5:15 ship time). I wouldn't want to cut things that close, and trust me, you'll want that video!

A couple of comments:

I disagree somewhat with the comment about the Miracle singers being just fair. I thought they were Vegas Show quality in every respect. The band was fantastic and the Beatles Tribute was incredible.

Another perspective, which is respected, albeit it's literally the first I've heard/read that gives a positive review to the showroom "vocalists." I literally lost track while onboard of the number of comments from other passengers I heard while walking out of the showroom after the "Generations" and "Beatles" shows, commenting on Ashley Smith in particular, all going in the direction of "that woman singer leaves a lot to be desired...", "it was O.K. expect for that lady," etc.

I agree that the band was a class act. As for the beatles Tribute being "incredible"...

....if you want to REALLY see an incredible stage production, come to Radio City Music Hall in December.

Mikey I hope you were talking about me, Yes there were alot of long Islanders on board. I had 25 in my group and we were not rude.

I meet so many great people on this cruise and most were from new york.

Lynn, of course I was referring to you!!! I didn't meet any one from New York last Week I had any problem with (starting with a very, very nice family group from upstate while waiting to board Sunday). Frankly, as for rude, the only true forms of that I saw (other that prior mention of the kids in the elevator and the people cutting into the ice cream line) were a large group of Hispanic women (all speaking in Spanish) on Monday who insisted on chain smoking in the open pool area of the lido directly next to the NO SMOKING signs.

And please people, no responses to the effect "maybe they couldn't read english!"

I thought the pizza was great. I ususally had a 10pm snack of pizza & salad.

I liked the Generations show better than the Beatles, JMHO.

Happy, I'm surprised we didn't see each other more, given my family must have been up on the Lido deck getting pizza and salad around 10pm almost every night!!!!

Comparing the shows, in terms of sets and special effects, I'd give the higher grade to the Beatles show (better sets and more creative use of lighting).

In terms of dancing, Generations was better, although my kids (and I think many others in the audience) were somewhat confused by that show as it bounced back and forth between eras (one minute you were hearing big band material, the next "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun.") I was also somewhat amused when several late 60s pieces were presented with the cast dressed in disco wear, whereas the "hippy" costumes appeared during...disco pieces. Perhaps this is what happens when you put a 26 year old in charge of costuming/choreography. Whatever....

Can anyone provide me the information on the best tour guide for an excursion in Belize....we are going on our honeymoon in October and I want to make sure I book someone worthy! This is my 4th cruise, but I've never been to this port.

Also any suggestions at any port would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

JC:)

Hi Honeymoon, I could not find good private tours for belize so we went on the Carnival tour Wallace river/mayan ruins. The river part was great, We saw so much. dolphins,manatees,bats,monkeys,birds, lizard,and cro's

Belize is not safe out side the port area. Be very carefull if you leave the gated area. Have a great time!

Did anyone do, or hear any comment on the Jungle Beach Break (Uvero Beach) in Costa Maya? I'll be on Miracle next month and was thinking of doing this excursion.

jk

From what I heard, this excursion is just a bus trip to a somewhat crowded beachfront resort. For much less money (and to experience fewer bodies crowding you in the water), just grab the cab/bus to Mahajual and hang out on the beach there. Cafes all over the beach serving food/drink, watersports, massages available and all the "let's make a deal" shopping you could possibly want.

Archived