Master Mixologist

MagnoliaFly

I want to come up with a drink for my future cruise so I can enter.

Have you ever entered? When you did, what sort of drink won?

I read the rules have to have one liquor shot (vodka, rum etc), one cordial shot (triple sec, blue curacao, etc) and have a mix or juice in it. Also has to be frozen or on the rocks.

Is that still the case?

To the best of my knowledge, those are still the rules.

The drink that won on my most recent cruise (Carnival Triumph January 3-8, 2011) was a fruity drink (Mango flavored, I believe) that some older woman came up with. Don't remember what was in it or what she called it.

It appeared that showmanship had a lot to do with winning the contest as well. On our last cruise, there were three contestants; one middle aged man, a man in his 20's and a lady in her 20's. The lady was really working the crowd and her answers to the judges and CD's questions seemed to be pretty witty and not just the typical yes and no. It addition, it probably didn't hurt that she had on a pair of Daisy-Dukes and a micro-bikini top either-- and yes she won.

It also has to do with the cost of the drink you design. My friend came in second in his contest and both his performance and drink were much better than the winner's. I did taste all three competing drinks and he was by far the winner. But, his drink cost more to make, so the bottom line won out.

Archived