A different drink package question

fdpevey

I’ve read all that has been posted about the packages – thank you all for your guidance. I always get a soda card because I am a BIG soda drinker … thinking of adding up to the Classic Drink Package which will allow me equal freedom to some of my favorite drinks – regular vodka and tonics, Bellinis and margaritas.

My question is about The Classic Non-Alcoholic Beverages Package which is included in the Classic Drink Package. The description for the Classic Non-Alcoholic Beverages Package is:

In addition to enjoying your favorite Coca Cola can and fountain sodas selections such as Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Fanta Orange and Coke Zero, you may also enjoy fresh squeezed and bottled juices, Premium Coffees.

My question is the description “can and fountain soda selections”. Are the canned sodas in the cabin included? If not, can you ask for an unopened can of soda at a bar and take it back to your cabin?

I’m not a coffee drinker, and have been known to have a soda with breakfast. I know room service is not included in the packages, so I’m trying to think if this package can be used to provide a soda in the morning.

Thanks for any experience you have.

the stuff in the cabin is not included, but you can get cans in bars/dining rooms and take them back to your stateroom. To enjoy your soda with breakfast you would have to go to a bar/dining room to get it and bring it back to enjoy with your room service

fdpevey,

I understand what you're asking because I am also a morning soda drinker. There is no way to bring an UNOPENED soda back to your room. I can't say I've ever seen Coke products in a can at a bar...they tend to have the fountain or plastic bottles (which they will not give to you). In the early morning on a port day, it's not easy to find a bar that is open. The Cova Cafe seems to be the best place to go. I always bring a thermal mug which they are happy to fill.

One thing you have to think about when you buy the packages is, how much time are you going to be on board? In port-intensive itineraries (i.e. Europe), you're very frequently off the ship until dinnertime and simply don't have enough time to get your money's worth.

I do try to bring some soda on board--just enough to drink in the mornings and to take with me on excursions--and supplement that with purchases by the glass from the bars.

we have had the classic alcohol package twice, and it was very easy to bring unopened cans of soda, unopened bottles of water, unopened bottles of beer, even a shot without ice to enjoy later. just tell the bartender not to open it, no problem, it is not illegal, you can enjoy your beverage of choice anywhere at any time on the ship, cabin included. but not the mini bar. don't forget your water as you leave the ship for a day in port. have a great cruise and don't worry........;)

Either go and get the unopened beverage the night before or in the morning before breakfast and bring the unopened can back to the cabin. Absolutely not a problem at all. I would always get bottles of water or a can of soda throughout the day and have them in the cabin for whenever I wanted something.

Patty

Archived