Snuba anybody?

Tigers2

I read about the snuba experience and wanted to know if this is a FUN option??

Is there a private company on St. Thomas that can be booked?? I looked at the RCCL web site and it is offered; however, we are meeting other friends from the island and would like to book a local company.

Any insight?

Thanks in advance!

There's only 2 Snuba operators in the USVI. Coral World and VI Snuba. My daughter and I did this with Coral World and it was fabulous. Be sure to ask for Glenn as your Snuba Guide, he apparently has worked for Coral World for over 20 years and knows the reef and fish very well.

http://coralworldvi.com/activities/snuba.html

There's only 2 Snuba operators in the USVI. Coral World and VI Snuba. My daughter and I did this with Coral World and it was fabulous. Be sure to ask for Glenn as your Snuba Guide, he apparently has worked for Coral World for over 20 years and knows the reef and fish very well.

http://coralworldvi.com/activities/snuba.html

Thanks! I Looked at the site and it seems like a GREAT time!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We took this private excursion with VISnuba at Trunk Bay on St John, and had a great time. Frank, the owner, takes a maximum of 6 people out at a time so he can give you individual attention, as safety is a very important issue. We spent a long time learning about diving basics, such as clearing your mask, equalizing the pressure in your ears, how often to do this equalization, hand signals, etc. We did this on land first, then in the water, along with learning how to breathe properly. Then we went out along the reef to test our new skills.

It was a great and liberating experience. We are experienced snorkelers, and having the freedom to go down that far without having to resurface to breathe was wonderful. We stayed out for about 40 minutes (we must have been good about conserving our air, because most people use it up in about a half hour), and truly enjoyed the experience. We’d been looking for snuba in many islands for a long time, unsuccessfully. We finally found it here, and are delighted with the outcome We’ll probably do it again next time we come to St Thomas, but will try the Coki Beach experience on St Thomas instead of St John, just for something different.

I read about the snuba experience and wanted to know if this is a FUN option??

Is there a private company on St. Thomas that can be booked?? I looked at the RCCL web site and it is offered; however, we are meeting other friends from the island and would like to book a local company.

Any insight?

Thanks in advance!

My son (age 13 ) just did this at Coral World with my mom's cousin (age in his 60's) they both had a great time!!! I think the price was 52$, that info comes from my son who did not pay so he might be wrong, grandma treated him. Definetly the highlight of his trip. Along with the dive master who went with them, (there was just the 2 of them) a photographer went down also and took tons of photos of them, of course you can buy the photos (they came on a flash drive), and since grandma was treating, they bought it 65$, not too much since there was the 2 of them. The photos look great on the computer and you can copy or print them as you wish. There was some hidef video also. My husband says the photos are a small file photo so you could not print huge prints without losing quality, but he is a photographer who uses raw files, so for most of us I am sure they are fine.

a few years ago we did this with VI.... awesome time.... this year I have booked hubby and 10 yr old daughter with Coral World..... looking forward to that....with VI we had about a 30 min time frame under the water and then we were able to snorkle about and feed fish from our hands for a great time after.... it makes for a fun adventure.... especially if you do not scuba dive.

• 2 weeks later...

We have done SNUBA several times and have an underwater digital camera.

I am not sure what other ports are on your itinerary but we have opted to do it in Grand Turk instead of St. Thomas because we have heard the diving abnd snorkeling in general is better there.

Archived