Adventure of the Seas

Hello,

I just sailed for the first time of Freedom of the Seas... I booked it last July through a travel agent and got a really good deal. My husband and I would like to book another cruise and were thinking of Adventure of the Sea maybe next January. I was wondering a few things:

1. Does RCCL ever have sales on rooms? Should I wait.... (We had a good price for FOS but I am not sure why).

2. Is this a nice ship???? It's older then FOS and we were so impressed with FOS.

3. Are the activities pretty much the same on all of the ships? (More curious than anything as this will not change my decision to sail with RCCL again).

Thanks for your help!!!

We sailed on LIberty (sister ship to the Freedom) and just recently on the Adventure.

1. I personally book early and then just watch for price drops. There are sales, but they usually come within 30 days of the sailing date. They do sometimes have reduced deposit + onboard credit sales....but large TAs have these regularly.

2. We really enjoyed the ship. I too was concerned about the difference between Liberty and Adventure, but the differences weren't anything bad. The ship was just as clean and laid out VERY similar to Freedom/Liberty. They still have the Promenade. The big difference is the pool area....no Flowrider and there wasn't really a big kids area. Oh, and only one specialty restaurant.

The balconies are different looking. I prefer the balconies on the Freedom class, but the Adventure was just fine.

All in all, we really enjoyed our cruise!

3. We found the activities to be pretty similar between the Liberty & Adventure.

You will love the Adventure. Ship is very similar to Freedom.

The best part is you get to sail from San Juan which means you are already in the Caribbean and do not have to deal with the first and last days being cool/cold as you sail into and out of Florida.

Shop around with some online TA's that offer good OBC's.

Interestingly enough, we were in the same boat (no pun intended) as you a few months back. We were on the Freedom last summer and absolutely loved it. We've sailed out of San Juan before and loved the fact that we were already in the Caribbean at the start of the sailing. We were considering whether or not to book the AOS for our upcoming cruise and had the same concerns and questions as you. After reading alot of posts and reviews about AOS we went ahead and booked it for our next trip. We'll be on her in just a few weeks! I plan on posting a review and a comparison of the two ships when we get back.

Twiggers, and everyone else who posted, I am sooo glad to have read this post! I had just went in the Members review area and was so bummed over the 1st 3 reviews! No one seemed very happy with AOS. We sailed her in 2004 and loved it! I realize everyone is different, with different views:) Thanks for sharing your positive comments! We sail in April..

Twiggers, and everyone else who posted, I am sooo glad to have read this post! I had just went in the Members review area and was so bummed over the 1st 3 reviews! No one seemed very happy with AOS. We sailed her in 2004 and loved it! I realize everyone is different, with different views:) Thanks for sharing your positive comments! We sail in April..

Look here for more positive AOS experiences!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=691783

Thanks everyone for your help... I was concerned that we started with such a big ship - I think I will just go ahead with AOS. This is what I originally wanted to do, but my TA was pushing us to book as we had lots of gift certifiactes from our wedding but the flights were $900 pp. I then seen them come down to $250 two months later. I have no regrets though as our cruise was amazing.. just can't wait for southern caribbean. We did not have the best weather and it was certainly cope in Cape Canaveral, so looking forward to more warm days. I hate to complain though considering I like in Canada and it's much colder than florida.

Thanks again!!!

Archived