Uniworld Beatrice Cabin Location

Dodger Blue

We'll be on the Nov. 6 cruise along the Danube. We have our cabin locations and see that we will be right next to the reception area and boutique. This is our first river cruise, and while I believe that these cruises are fairly noise free, can anyone shed any light on what we might expect. Thanks much.

We'll be on the Nov. 6 cruise along the Danube. We have our cabin locations and see that we will be right next to the reception area and boutique. This is our first river cruise, and while I believe that these cruises are fairly noise free, can anyone shed any light on what we might expect. Thanks much.

We were in cabin 304 on River Beatrice (I think it was 3 cabins down from reception). I thought it was a great location and we did not hear any noise. People gather in the reception area when waiting to leave on tours or go into meals, but it was never a problem. The cabin next door was a higher category, but the room is exactly the same and I was happy to have saved the money!

Dodger, I was just on the same ship/itinerary this past November. It may look like your are right next to reception, but it is actually further than it looks in the brochure. I think you will be happier there than the back. I chose the rear to be near the library, and found it was noisier due to loud conversations from the library which was also the captain's lounge. You will find your location convenient to the main lounge, dining room, AND the cappuccino machine! There was also the same machine in the library lounge. No matter where you are, it will be great.....

We were in cabin 307 and you are almost right across from it. The location is great and so was everything about the ship, staff and the cruise. We were on the River Beatrice June 10 - Jun. 23, 2009.

Dodger, I was just on the same ship/itinerary this past November. It may look like your are right next to reception, but it is actually further than it looks in the brochure. I think you will be happier there than the back. I chose the rear to be near the library, and found it was noisier due to loud conversations from the library which was also the captain's lounge. You will find your location convenient to the main lounge, dining room, AND the cappuccino machine! There was also the same machine in the library lounge. No matter where you are, it will be great.....

Jestercourt, how was the weather when you went last year in November?

Let's put it this way. You will be boasting about your warm Southern CA weather and missing it. It was cold, but when it wasn't windy or raining, it was quite manageable. Dress in layers and pack a scarf, gloves, and hat that covers your ears, especially if you want to walk into town at night. I think since you are going earlier in November it shouldn't be as cold, but you never know. Whatever cold experience we had during the whole trip, was gone and forgotten on our last day, when we soaked in the outdoor thermal baths in Budapest! If it fits into your schedule, do not miss this. It will be the highlight of the trip....Steve

Archived