day trip to Everglades for airboat

San Carlos lady

We will arrive in POM and disembark around 9 AM ( arrive 7 AM) and depart from FLL at 5 PM. Do we have time to do Everglades airboat? What tour company can someone recommend?

Most cruise lines have excursions to the Everglades and then drop you off at the airport. I have sailed out of Ft. Lauderdale and done the excursion a couple of times when I had a later flight. I know that they also did a drop off at Miami airport. I would assume that they work that on POM cruises also. I would check with your cruiseline.

Enjoy your cruise,

Dave

We will arrive in POM and disembark around 9 AM ( arrive 7 AM) and depart from FLL at 5 PM. Do we have time to do Everglades airboat? What tour company can someone recommend?

Not sure if they have an Everglades tour but this is the best tour company out of Miami.

https://secure.miamibeach411.com/

Just a heads up that airboats are NOT allowed inside Everglades National Park. The park service also provides tours.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a heads up that airboats are NOT allowed inside Everglades National Park. The park service also provides tours.

Semantics: the "Everglades" is much larger than Everglades National Park. Most of the park is treated as wilderness land = airboats prohibited, the north section of the park is not managed as wilderness....this may change

As BH says, arguably the best tour operator is Miami Tour Company

Airboats are loud, fast, and fun but to really appreciate the Glades try other options such as Shark Valley. For airboats, Coopertown is the way to go.

If you decided to do it on your own you could rent a car from Downtown and return it at FLL.

Archived