Captain Bryans review

mcanuck

Just got back from our cruise and had a great time. Had a great day with Captain Bryans stingray city and snorkelling. The walk to their office was short and easy to get to.We left right on time and the trip went without a hitch.The stingray sand bar was busy but we had ample opportunity to,touch, feed and Kiss if you wished ,the Stingrays.The crew made sure everyone had the opportunity to have a turn with the rays.The snorkelling was awesome and the green eels they lure out are massive. We were within a foot of them and hope our pictures turned out.The fish were colorful and abundant. We had a great time with Captain Bryans.

We went with Capt Bryan's as well. Great day!! Can't say enough good things about the excursion. We sailed on the Buccaneer...we booked for 10:30 am as I wasn't sure about times to tender etc. (we could have easily made an earlier tour). The walk to the office was indeed easy and quick, and got us away from the congested pier. And what about that yummy bakery right next door......mmmmm!!

The boat was very clean...staff excellent. Complimentary beverages (juice and water only, I think)) on the way out...open bar on the way back. The best part was the small intimate group (we had ~15 people on board) vs. the huge cruise line excursion boats of 50-100 people! We did the 2 snorkelling stops along with the stingrays.....absolutely great.

Don't forget your water camera!! We got great shots of everything!

We were on the Hannibal.We had 15 in our group and that was the maximum.You sit on the deck of the boat on the way out , we motored out because of the wind direction. We sailed part way in but they used the motor at the end because of time constraints.It was well worth the $34 dollars I thought.Bring your own drinks and food however as they do not supply these.They do have a cooler with ice so you can put your beverages in there.

Hi,

We were just checking into Capt Bryan's - Hannibal 2 1/2 hour trip (the Bucanneer trip was full) and they told us that the boat can take up to 40 people. Has anybody been on with that many people? How much room was left in the boat? Also how easy is it to get in and out of the water on a catamaran? The other snorkeling boats we have been on have decks on the back with big ladders.

Do they supply water to drink???

Thanks for any info.

I was on the Hannibal last week.We only had 15 on the boat that day not nearly crowded but comfortable.The bus was full so I cant imagine them having 40 and I didnt see a second bus.The boat deck is solid with some canvas in the corners ,we laid on the deck and admired the view. There were two ladders on this boat one at the back that was used at stingray city and one at the side that was used for snorkelling.They were about 6 rungs high I beleive.No one in our group had a problem getting in and out of the water.They had a cooler and water on board so if you wanted to put beverages of your own on ice you could.There was a washroom on board as well.

Thanks for all of your info:D . I have never snorkled before, so it should be interesting:eek: . Was the Hanibal pretty stable? Did you feel seasick on it? I guess that is my biggest conern! How long do you ride on the boat out to the first stop of the trip? Sounds like a good time. I can't wait:D

Thanks

Sunnymom02

Carnival Conquest 4/2005

The boat was very stable.There was some spray splashing on occassion but it was so hot it was nice.I get seasick and had no problem on this boat.There is shaded areas on board as well if you dont want the sun.

Can I ask what you guys did for lunch? We're also booked on the Buccaneer for April 4th. I was planning on packing a lunch from the cruise ship but I've read some posts that say that some ports won't let you bring food off the ship. Did anyone try that? Did you see anyone checking backs at the port?

I'll buy food in the port if I need to, I'm just trying to save a little money and I have a questionable stomach so I'm a little leary of eating the local food.

Regardless, I can't wait! :) Only 4 weeks to go.

We had a bite to eat at the bakery that is just in front of the meeting area or office. Grand Caymans is not like the other stops, it is very Americanized.There was a burger king , KFC etc. on the way to the office.This is a very rich country so they have all the ammenities and brand name stores etc.Dont worry about the food.They did not check bags on the way off the ship but they do on the way back on through an xray machine.We always carried a bag off the ship and were never checked.

Our group is definitley going to book either the Hanibal or the Buccaneer. For those of you that went on the Hanibal, did you have any worries about getting on a tender early enough to be there by 8:45? Was the water warm enough that early in the morning? We are looking at the Hanibal because it is earlier and will give us more time on the island afterwards for beach/shopping. Anyone here go on the earlier excursion on the Hanibal? We will be sailing the Conquest which arrives in port at 7:00 am. thanks

We are booked on the Hanibal and are also on the Carnival Conquest. I emailed Captain Bryan's and they said you would have plenty of time to get off the ship. I hope they are right as we are booked on the 9:30 one on the Hanibal:D

Sunnymom02

Carnival Conquest 4/3/2005

• 2 weeks later...

We also had a great time on the Hannbal trip. We were on the afternoon trip, they have special times for different ships so if a listed time doesn't work contact them with your ships arrival and they may have a trip that works for you. They were great about getting us back to the ship on time. My son and I spent some time talking with the driver/tour guide and he was wonderful. He shared his experiences from Ivan with us and was very knowledgable about his island. The water temp was cool at first but after a few minutes I was not cold and I am a wimp about cold water. IT was a great time and a great value for your money. It was the highlight of the trip for my teenagers.. Have a great time.

Traci

We just got back from Grand Cayman! We enjoyed Sting Ray City plus two other snorkel sites with Captain Brian! We went on the Buccaneer. It was fun! The crew was great. We had about 20 people onboard and everyone got a chance to hold and feed a stingray if they wanted to. It was great!

Archived