Epic - solo

FLUFFY01

Hi

I am thinking of doing a transatlantic on Epic in May, and would be pleased if someone could give me advice on the following: -

Is there a formal dining room.

On the anytime dining will I be seated with other people or on my own

Does NCL have solo meetings

Thanks

JO

Hi

I am thinking of doing a transatlantic on Epic in May, and would be pleased if someone could give me advice on the following: -

Is there a formal dining room.

Yes there are two Main Dining Rooms, plus the specialty restaurants that are more formal. Remember however, that with Freestyle cruising, there is no requirement in any of the restaurants for stictly "formal" attire. Long pants, no jeans and a clean shirt will get you into any restaurant on the ship. Le Bistro and Cagney's are the classiest restaurants on the ship (in my opinion) and people tend to dress better in these two.

On the anytime dining will I be seated with other people or on my own

Does NCL have solo meetings

With the any time dining, you have the choice to be seated with others. Just ask at the desk as you arrive at the dining room and they will find you a table with others (especially during high-volume hours).

Yes, NCL has meetings for solo passengers. Watch the Freestyle Daily and they will be listed. If you are staying in the Studios, they have the meetings at 5;30 - 6:30 PM in the Living Room.

Have a great time and I am sure that you will enjoy the ship

-Jim

Thanks

JO

3 degrees F, in Buffalo this morning colder tomorrow.

Hi Jim:)

Thank you for that information and I noticed that you were on the Epic last September. What did you think of the ship.

Have you seen the studio rooms or anyone who has used then and what did they think of them and the solo lounge.

Are there two sittings for the MDR's and if so what are the times.

Its 5.5 degrees and dull here in Scotland at just after 2pm - wish it was a bit warmer

Many thanks

Jo

Just got off the ship yesterday am....:(

LOVED THE SHIP!!

Altho we did not stay in the Studios, a friend we met did, and she took us for a tour....very nice, and each night they have a Solo get together in the Living Room....

I would totally stay there.....You will have a great time!

Eat whenever you want during the time either main dining room is open for meals. There is a daily solos get together time in the Studio Living Room, I think around 1730 or so. there's also a chart pad which I think people use to leave notes for each other or get groups together for activities. There's also at least one solos dinner in the MDR (I think Taste, not sure) during the cruise. On anytime dining they tend to sit solos with others unless you prefer not, just tell the hostess what you want.

There are two MDRs, Taste or Manhattan Room. Both serve identical menus.

Epic is extremely solo-friendly, you will love it!

Lots of threads about studio rooms, and pix. One piece of advice is buy some packing cubes - google for "mesh packing cubes" if you are unfamiliar with them, you can find vendors that way. I'm probably not allowed to post names. I bought them from an online store named after a world explorer, you'll recognize the name when you see it. They are extremely useful because you can pack socks & underwear in one, t-shirts in another, pants in another, and just stack them on the studio shelves and have easy access.

You will like the TA. Just for information, with the price they are charging for an inside (ALL categories are listed at $449) it is actually cheaper to get the inside cabin with the single supplement than it is to get the stuido cabin!

I almost booked this cruise to get to Europe in May, but I couldn't justify the single price and then cost from Barcelona to Germany so I bit the bullet and got roundtrip airfare :( but only a little cheaper by booking to earn only 50% of the frquent flier miles I'm entitled to.

Thank you for that information and I noticed that you were on the Epic last September. What did you think of the ship.

Have you seen the studio rooms or anyone who has used then and what did they think of them and the solo lounge.

Its 5.5 degrees and dull here in Scotland at just after 2pm - wish it was a bit warmer

Many thanks

Jo

Jo, Yes, we were on the Epic for two weeks and we loved it. We did get to see the studio rooms and I was quite impressed. They actually have more sq. footage per person than some of the other rooms designed for two.

We saw the rooms as part of a "cabin crawl" that we participated in through our Cruise Critic Meet-On-Board group. We saw everything from the studios to the Owner's Suites.

There are no designated sitting times for the MDR. Being Freestyle, you go when you want. Some of the restaurants do get backed up, depending on the time you go. The staff will issue beepers if you have to wait. We never waited more than 20 minutes for a table.

Have a great cruise.

Many thanks

Jo

Jo, I forgot to tell you that I saved all of our Freestyle Daily activity sheets from the two cruises that we were on. Let me know if you have any specific questions that I can help with.

-Jim

Archived