Flight times changed, should I be freaking out???

runningcrazy

I just got an email from United, our flights out of LAx have been pushed back to 11:51 am. I have already arranged for transportation from the port to pick us up at 8:45 (private car--actually holds 5). Will we make it to LAX on time or should I start freaking out now. We have never cruised out of California, so I have no idea what to expect. I have heard traffic nightmares and now I am scared!:eek:

I havent flown out of LAX but heard it can be a nightmare, but other times it goes smoothly. Is there any way for you to move your pick up time just to be sure? Make sure you do the self disembarkment to save time. You can call NCL to see what the earliest flight that there can be a transfer for and guage it from there as a starting point. I know that I am traveling this March to and from Barcelona. My ship docks at 5 and we had a 10:30 flight, now it had been moved to 9:50 and possible may go to 9:30am. NCL will not provide a transfer to any passenger whose flight is before 10 am... so we are assuming we can make the 9:50 flight by doing self disembark and hoping a taxi... hope this helps and dont let this worry you too much...

I just got an email from United, our flights out of LAx have been pushed back to 11:51 am. I have already arranged for transportation from the port to pick us up at 8:45 (private car--actually holds 5). Will we make it to LAX on time or should I start freaking out now. We have never cruised out of California, so I have no idea what to expect. I have heard traffic nightmares and now I am scared!:eek:

You should be fine!!! Traffic nightmares are more during the weekdays. Plus you have a private car, they know the area well, plus know how to go around difficult areas! Have a wonderful cruise and do not freak out!!!!:D

When an airline changes your flight time they should accommodate your changing flights to a time that works for your itinerary without a change fee. We were changed on a flight to arrive later at the port than was comfortable for us. The airline changed our flights since it was their change. I can't remember which airline it was.

When an airline changes your flight time they should accommodate your changing flights to a time that works for your itinerary without a change fee. We were changed on a flight to arrive later at the port than was comfortable for us. The airline changed our flights since it was their change. I can't remember which airline it was.

I agree. Provided the time is a significant change they have an obligation to work with you. (A good example of a non-significant change is United Airlines phoning me a few weeks ago to advise me my flight was leaving two minutes earlier). I would say 30 minutes + is a significant change IMHO.

Also, your private car would probably be willing to accomodate a change in schedule.

When an airline changed our flight to an earlier time we called the airline about it. Since they were the ones who'd made the change, not us, they let us change to a later flight with no change fee.

Another time, though, when that happened there were no later flights so we had them change it to the next day and we paid for a hotel the night of our cruise disembarkation.

I say call the airline and see what they can do for you, but there shouldn't be a charge since THEY are the ones who did the change, not you.

Keep in mind that it is possible that debarkation might not take place on time. I"ve been on cruises where for various reasons debarkation has been more than an hour late.

Don't freak, that is close enough to noon you should be fine. The traffic problems in Los Angeles are more on weekdays, the problem you might have is at the airport. Even then, I can't imagine you will have any problems.

Nita

When an airline changed our flight to an earlier time we called the airline about it. Since they were the ones who'd made the change, not us, they let us change to a later flight with no change fee.

Another time, though, when that happened there were no later flights so we had them change it to the next day and we paid for a hotel the night of our cruise disembarkation.

I say call the airline and see what they can do for you, but there shouldn't be a charge since THEY are the ones who did the change, not you.

Keep in mind that it is possible that debarkation might not take place on time. I"ve been on cruises where for various reasons debarkation has been more than an hour late.

Glad it worked for you, I just had a situation with yes, United; they actually changed times and airplanes splitting up 2 adults and 2 kids. They had the kids flying out at 6am and the grandparents at 7:10am. I was able to get it straightened out but it tooks hours. The airline tried to tell us the cruise line (not NCL I will add) had done this, the cruiseline said, what the heck are you talking about. Anyway, it all set, but I was not delighted with the airline service.

Nita

I havent flown out of LAX but heard it can be a nightmare, but other times it goes smoothly. Is there any way for you to move your pick up time just to be sure? Make sure you do the self disembarkment to save time. You can call NCL to see what the earliest flight that there can be a transfer for and guage it from there as a starting point. I know that I am traveling this March to and from Barcelona. My ship docks at 5 and we had a 10:30 flight, now it had been moved to 9:50 and possible may go to 9:30am. NCL will not provide a transfer to any passenger whose flight is before 10 am... so we are assuming we can make the 9:50 flight by doing self disembark and hoping a taxi... hope this helps and dont let this worry you too much...

Getting off the ship in Barcelona is easy and there will be plenty of taxis available. It's a short trip to the airport. Including a tip, it will cost you about 30 Euros. We shared the cab with another member of our roll call.

I'm relieved to hear of someone else on the Barcelona debark thing. We, too, have a 10:30 a.m. flight and our TA has said that Norwegian recommends anything after 10 a.m. But it just seemed pretty early to us. I'm hoping our flight times don't change between now and the summer.

So if 10:00 a.m. is OK then you're right -- your 9:50 should be fine as well.

Judy

I'm relieved to hear of someone else on the Barcelona debark thing. We, too, have a 10:30 a.m. flight and our TA has said that Norwegian recommends anything after 10 a.m. But it just seemed pretty early to us. I'm hoping our flight times don't change between now and the summer.

So if 10:00 a.m. is OK then you're right -- your 9:50 should be fine as well.

Judy

I hope so lol.. cant let that ruin my plans.. we are staying in Barcelona pre cruise so I can afford the extra time off from work (or money lol) to stay post cruise... it will be an adventure to say the least....

Archived