Star Princess Dining Question

thehip

1st Princess cruise, November out of Ft. Lauderdale on the Star. There appears to be many places to eat, and I was wandering which ones were included (obviously the buffet and 3 main dining halls) and which ones were an extra charge.

I read ice cream is extra at scoops, and that Sabatinis and Sterling charge a small fee. However, there is also a pizzeria, hamburger grill, and patisserie, are they extra also?

Signed up for PC dining, so does this mean I can not go into the traditional dining room on this ship (Amalfi)?

Also, there appears to be no movies under the stars on this ship, correct?

Not complaining about any of this, I just want to be fully prepared before I board. Just off Radiance OS in Jan so I am really looking forward to my 1st Princess experience.

Thanks for the help!

yes..you pay for ice cream at Scoops...and for the specialty dining at Sabatinis and Sterlings...all the other eateries are included in your fare. (I think pastries at the Patisserie is extra, too)

There is a dining room for PC dining...it is just like the Traditional Dining room.....and the menu is the same. WIth PC you dine when you want, not at pre-booked/same time each night.

I was on the Star two weeks ago with PC dining. Here's what I can remember without looking at my Patters.

Pizza and grill are both free. They're open daily until about 7 PM.

I didn't find a patisserie, but that doesn't necessarily mean that there isn't one. It's a big ship, and I was finding new places all week.

With Anytime Dining you'll be able to go to Capri (5:30 to 9:30) or Portifino (6 to 10) instead of Amalfi.

All dining room breakfast and lunch service is in one dining room. Anytime Dining rooms don't apply to those two meals. I think we went to Amalfi for those meals when we chose to have them in a dining room.

And, you're right, no MUTS on the Star.

Debbie

Breakfast and lunch are served in the Portfino dining room. The patisserie is on deck5 in the lobby. Nothing special, just free pastries in the morning..

All three dining rooms have the same dinner menu the only difference is the Amalfi is reserved for those you have traditional dining.

One tip. The Capri dining room (PC) seemed to be less busy. For the first few nights we tried Portofino first and saw a long line but were able to get in the Capri with little, if any, wait. The Capri is the lower PC dining room.

Archived