Tell me about the Dawn

zurmoly

We are thinking about booking the Dawn from NY (11 days). Has anyone done this sailing? Can you tell me about the ship, etc. Activites for a 17 year old. We have sailed Celebrity and Princess. Thanks ahead!

The ship is big and it is very nice. Sailed on the Dawn twice. 7 days in August 2003 with my wife and children who were 21 and 19 at the time. Sailed on the 10 day last February with my wife. Great cruise. Entertainment was spotty but that is just a matter of taste. The food is very good. The Mexican Restuarant is very good. I reccomend Impressions.

As far as a 17 year old. It would be pot luck. If school is out there should be no problem. There is a teen disco and a lot of other things to keep them busy.

We sailed in January on the 10 day- previous Celebrity cruisers (Constellation and Mercury)- we loved the Dawn because of the Freestyle dining and the entertainment. While Celebrity food was overall better, the food in the specialty restaurants (paid and non paid) was very very good- the Dawn was just more 'fun' i think. My daughter who is 17 had a 'good ' time on Celebrity but there wern't that many teens- she did not go wih us on the Dawn but my impression was that the Dawn had more to offer with more teens-The ship is beautiful, the crew wonderful and the Cruise Director, Colin , the best ever! Enjoy yourselves!

Two sailings on the Dawn switched us from diehard Celebrity fans (Mercury, Galaxy, Millenium) to NCL fans. We like sailing from NY, but when we leave out of Florida next year, we opted to stick with NCL and the new Jewel.

The Dawn is a great ship, with top notch service and fair pricing. There are some Celebrity touches missing, but Dawn makes up for it in other areas.

We sailed the Dawn 2/10/05.....loved this ship.....the service was awesome. My MIL always has cruised with Celebrity and was reluctant to book this cruise with us on the Dawn. She loved it so much that she wants to book another cruise on the Dawn. As for 17yrs olds.....the teenagers I saw on board never seem to be bored.

We have now done three 10/11 day cruises on the Dawn with another booked for her new Western Caribbean itinerary in January 2006. We have sailed on about 15 different ships on 6 cruise lines and the Dawn is our favorite ship. We also look forward to her sister Norwegian Jewel making her debut in New York this fall sailing to Canada and New England.

Archived