Back from Carnival Pride, any questions?

ohmyjen

What did you do in Cabo? I am going with a friend that can't get around all that well and we are interested in land type tours, did you do any? Also did you see carriage rides? And of course most important how was the shopping? We will be on the Pride in April, can't wait. Lydia

Did ya have a good time? :cool:

Most definitely :D One week was not nearly enough time for me.. the ship was beautiful and the memories are marked indelibly upon my memory.

That was what I was going to ask..THAT's the

main question! That's what you go for....

A good time on a cruise ship!

I couldn't have put it any better :) Aside from the fact that the Pride is home to the BEST Cruise Director of the fleet (though only for another week, sadly :(), there was so much going on I feel like I didn't have nearly enough time to experience everything the ship had to offer!

What did you do in Cabo? I am going with a friend that can't get around all that well and we are interested in land type tours, did you do any? Also did you see carriage rides? And of course most important how was the shopping? We will be on the Pride in April, can't wait. Lydia

In Cabo we didn't have anything booked. The day we were in port wasn't as warm out or sunny as it had previously been in Puerto Vallarta or Mazatlan, but it was still nice enough for summer clothes. We had planned to take a water taxi to the beach and stay there for the day, but instead we walked downtown to the larger shopping district and walked around a bit, and had lunch at Johnny Rocket's (which was good). We checked out one of the new malls, Puerto Paraiso I think it's called (it is on the map they will give you), and generally browsed around. I noticed that all three ports seemed to sell a lot of the same things but I found that in Cabo there were less people standing around trying to sell you things left and right which was nice. I would definitely check out the stores Carnival recommends (most are jewelry) and also the mall I mentioned. It's a lot of browsing.

As for transportation, the taxi's are never-ending, I saw a few carriages, and also bicycle carriage rides- which I wasn't so sure about, the men bicyclying seemed to be struggling to pull a carriage of more than one or two people.

Sorry if this isn't a lot of help, I didn't spend the whole allotted time in Cabo. :cool: I hope you have a great time, can't wait to hear about it :)

Weather? Could you lay out at the pool? Customer Service? Did the crew seem grumpy or happy? Movement of the ship??

The weather when we embarked and the next day was a little chilly because of all the rain around Los Angeles recently, but other than that it maintained a temperature of around 70-80º. Yes, the pool was a good spot to spend some time- the hot tubs were nice, there was a lot of sunshine, and it was a hotspot for some fun activities worth checking out. The crew seemed genuinely upbeat, and I didn't talk to anyone who had one bad thing to say about them. I had a lot of fun getting to know some of the staff, and the social hosts in particular put on a good time. As for the movement of the ship, I had to adjust the first day and get my sealegs, but after that I didn't experience any notable shaking or pitching. Overall a GREAT time :D

Weather? Could you lay out at the pool? Customer Service? Did the crew seem grumpy or happy? Movement of the ship??

Ohmyjen,

Thank you so much for the information. We will be on her very soon! Glad you had a good time!

Hey There,

We're sailing the Pride on 04/03/05. I was wondering if the whales were still in the area.

Every year their migration starts at slightly different times. We're hoping they'll still be around when we get there.

I've sailed with them in January in Hawaii and June in Alaska - always a thrill to see.

Also - any great "must dos" in PV?

Lastly - any secrets about the ship (passegeways, cruise critic books, etc)

Thanks,

How was the weather. We leave Sunday and I am concerned that it might still be Chilly??

Other than the embarkation and the first day, which was a little chilly, the weather stayed in the upper 70's which was nice.

Have a good time! You should be in for something special as it's Greg's last cruise.. let us know! :p

Ohmyjen,

Could you answer these questions please? Glad you had a good time!

I thought I did in the post right before this, #10

(The weather when we embarked and the next day was a little chilly because of all the rain around Los Angeles recently, but other than that it maintained a temperature of around 70-80º. Yes, the pool was a good spot to spend some time- the hot tubs were nice, there was a lot of sunshine, and it was a hotspot for some fun activities worth checking out. The crew seemed genuinely upbeat, and I didn't talk to anyone who had one bad thing to say about them. I had a lot of fun getting to know some of the staff, and the social hosts in particular put on a good time. As for the movement of the ship, I had to adjust the first day and get my sealegs, but after that I didn't experience any notable shaking or pitching. Overall a GREAT time :D)

*I skipped over customer service by accident- The only time we had to deal with customer service was when we went to the Purser's desk to get our tags for priority departure. The woman at the desk was very pleasant and answered all our questions so as not to leave us with any doubts. There was usually a small line but they seem to move it along fairly quick. If you're also referring to the duty-free shops, we didn't purchase a lot from there but they had a lot of good sales and there were always a number of staff there to help you find what you were looking for, and answer any questions you might have. As with the rest of the crew, there was a general pleasant disposition.

Anything else or is that alright?

Hey There,

We're sailing the Pride on 04/03/05. I was wondering if the whales were still in the area.

Every year their migration starts at slightly different times. We're hoping they'll still be around when we get there.

I've sailed with them in January in Hawaii and June in Alaska - always a thrill to see.

Also - any great "must dos" in PV?

Lastly - any secrets about the ship (passegeways, cruise critic books, etc)

Thanks,

During the first two fun days at sea (Monday & Tuesday), while up on deck 9&10, there were a few sightings of whales. I spotted two myself but apparently there were some I missed when I re-watched my purchased Travelog video.

In Puerto Vallarta I did the Canopy Tours and they were EXCELLENT! However, my sister is 10 and with the ship the minimum age requirement is 12 so we booked independently with the other Canopy Tours (there are two). I had an unforgettable time and I heard several passengers raving about the Canopy Tours booked with the ship as well! Let me know if you would like any information for them.

As for any secrets, unfortunately I don't have any :( I've only been on a handful of cruises so when I stumbled upon the thread on this board about ship secrets&&etc. I was surprised and a little disappointed that I hadn't known about them beforehand ;)

Ohmyjen,

Thank you so much for the information. We will be on her very soon! Glad you had a good time!

I think I was sending my message as you were adding yours. We crossed on Cruise Critic.

Thanks again.......

Thanks - We've done the zip line canapy tours down in Costa Rica, so we'll probably skip that this time around.

We have plans in Cabo and Maz - still trying to work out PV.

Its a long stop - so we'll probably just hire a cab for a tour, then do some shoping, before the mandatory pub crawl.

thanks again

Archived