Past Guest reception

paulred

Just back from the Dream, and the past guest party was held on the second formal night, but in the afternoon, around 3 or 3:30 pm. Dress code for it was cruise casual, I went in a pair of shorts and a tee shirt, and that was pretty much in line with what everyone else wore too.

• 4 weeks later...
We are just off the Spirit. While on board we were invited to a Past Guest reception. Obviously, it was for folks who had cruised on Carnival before.

Frankly, I expected a drink ticket, cheese on a cracker, some music and a hard sell on a future cruise.

NOT..

There were no drink tickets. Smiling waiters weaved through the room several times with a full selection of free drinks. Others brought tasty Canapes. There were so many drinks and canapes even I had to say "No mas". ( me saying no to free booze,- that's a first.)

There was an excellent music show, short but sweet. There was a movie about the growth of Carniva Corpl, and a mention ( just a short mention at that) of an upcoming session on future OBC cedits for making a new cruise deposit while on board.

Very sincere, very Classy!

Well done Carnival

Paul

Paul, someone has hacked your email address and is sending out fake links to people on your address list. I sent an email to another account I have for you, but it was returned.

Take care,

They will let anyone in the same cabin (or on the same account) with the Past Guest go to the party. We have done this twice and they always said it was no problem to bring in a guest. They will definitely let you bring your kids with you if it is their first cruise.

I agree its a nice party and a great thing to do for your customers especially since it is only after 1 cruise. Way to go Carnival.

Each cruise PGP is different to some extent. We have been to some that are easy to get drinks from the waiters and a few that it was near impossible because the staff kept going to those people who already had multiple drinks on their table. That was frustrating. It was also annoying when two different bar staff would go down the same row while ignoring others. Either way, it is fun to be there and I appreciate that Carnival holds these parties to acknowledge that we are repeat customers/guests.

When do they usually hold the PG party?

On our Triumph cruise in January I was surprised that the Past Guest Party was held during the Cozumel port stop.

But we happened to be back and went.

Being a southern girl who was raised by a gracious mother, I was surprised by the pure tackiness of giving a party while knowing that many of those invited were still on excursions and unable to attend.

An obviously cheap way to eliminate a lot of guests.

I was surprised that there were actually a lot of people there.

The drink waiters seemed overwhelmed.

A waiter finally stopped and gave us each one drink and that was that.

I know that it is not good form to complain about a true attempt at hospitality, but the Triumph Past Guest Party was not generous or hospitable.

I felt uncomfortable.

It was not elegant and not gracious...at all!

Archived