Formalities shop on Carnival Pride questions...

Greengirl

I need help!! My husband and I are cruising with our kids this summer(their first cruise). My daughter is 15 and can't wait to get all girlied-up for formal nights!! My problem is with the boys.

My husband is a big guy!! 6'2" - 285lbs.

My boys are 13, 10, and 5. I was going to have them wear dress pants, shirt and tie but the more I think about it, the more I want to see my family decked out in tuxes. It like a once in a lifetime chance for this mom! And I want the photos to prove it happened!

Do they have tuxes for big guys like my husband? What about the boys? Can you rent them for both formal nights? Do shoes, dress socks, tie, etc. come with it, or is it just the pants, shirt, and jacket. I also need to know about pricing? Is it really expensive? Would I be better off going with my original plan, financially speaking? I really don't want to spend a lot on dress clothes for the boys because they will grow out of everything before they get a chance to wear anything again!!

Any suggestions or info? Thank you!!!

Tux rentals come in every size. I think it is around $85 for the whole week, I think everything is available to rent except the socks. Check with your cruiseline (or ask on the Carnival board) to get an exact price. You can take all your guys to any tuxedo rental shop to get them measured, they do this gratis. Some tuxedo shops even have used rentals for sale at a pretty good price.

Another alternative is to look online for inexpensive tuxedos, they may actually be less than renting in some cases. Do a Google search, or even check Ebay.

I agree, your boys would look great and it would be a nice family photo.

they had men's tuxes in all sizes....my dad rented one (sorry don't remember the cost)...but I don't think they had any tuxes for children. You might look on the Carnival website like the other poster suggested. That would be a great photo op though...and believe me...there are PLENTY of photographers on those ships!

Have a great time with the family!

June

Archived