Whales, Dolphins and Snorkeling Tour to the Marietas Islands

teresastreed

Has anyone ever done the Whale, Dolphin, Snorkeling and Kayaking Tour of the Marietas Islands? If so how was the excursion? Offered through Carnival and includes kayaking and stop at a beach at the Marietas Islands? Did you see whales, dolphins or manta rays? How was the snorkeling? Was the water cold?

I've posted this question before and got no reply so I just booked the excursion for our March 20th cruise because it looks like a blast. I do understand it's the end of the season for the whales so we may not see them. I worry about the water being a little cool but it'll be warmer than any other port. I also heard the visibility is'nt like the caribbean but you can get real good days. I snorkeled Cabo before(last april) and it had alot of cool fish to look at and visibility was pretty good (30-40')so I'm betting this will be similar. hope this helps.

There is no beach at the marietas islands. It is a protected area where birds are nestling.Nobody is allowed to go ashore there.

It is o.k. to snorkel, but it is from/to the boat.

Depending the season you might spot whales (wintertime only) and dolphins while sailing to/from the island.

• 1 month later...

The tour starts with looking for dolphins and whales. Last week we saw both right away! Then you get to Marietas Island and they give you wet suits to use when snorkeling. I didn't do the snorkeling just the kayaking, but my friends snorkeled. They said there were tons of fish - bit and lots of colors - manta ray - eels. You swim from the boat to a little cove closer to shore. If you wanted to kayak you kayaked around the same area. After everyone had their fill of snorkeling and kayaking they took us in a smaller boat to a little beach we were allowed on. You had to stay on the beach only. The birds were close up on the cliff. Beautiful place with lots of picture opportunities. (Bring a sweater for the boat ride cuz it's very windy!)

The tour starts with looking for dolphins and whales. Last week we saw both right away! Then you get to Marietas Island and they give you wet suits to use when snorkeling. I didn't do the snorkeling just the kayaking, but my friends snorkeled. They said there were tons of fish - bit and lots of colors - manta ray - eels. You swim from the boat to a little cove closer to shore. If you wanted to kayak you kayaked around the same area. After everyone had their fill of snorkeling and kayaking they took us in a smaller boat to a little beach we were allowed on. You had to stay on the beach only. The birds were close up on the cliff. Beautiful place with lots of picture opportunities. (Bring a sweater for the boat ride cuz it's very windy!)

Awesome, thanks for posting this info. I hope the whales are still around in 16 days! Sounds like you had a good time and gets me feeling better about the choice. Any other details/advice?

Archived