Dry Cough - Dream 20-27 Jan

Has anyone experienced/still experiencing a dry cough?

Both my wife & I have since 22.01.11 at Grand Cayman. I put this down to some bug being brought on at Montego Bay on changeover day. I know that a lot of others were quietly suffering with coughs. However, since coming back things have got worse so were both off to the doctors this morning instead of work! We both been uncontrollably coughing all weekend. I need to be sure that it's nothing more sinister.

ET

Has anyone experienced/still experiencing a dry cough?

Both my wife & I have since 22.01.11 at Grand Cayman. I put this down to some bug being brought on at Montego Bay on changeover day. I know that a lot of others were quietly suffering with coughs. However, since coming back things have got worse so were both off to the doctors this morning instead of work! We both been uncontrollably coughing all weekend. I need to be sure that it's nothing more sinister.

ET

Have a cold - but not a dry cough as you describe. Hope you are both feeling better soon.

Have a cold - but not a dry cough as you describe. Hope you are both feeling better soon.

Thanks kruzseeka,

We're both on a course of anti-biotics now and have been told to rest which is difficult for me to do. Dr thinks that it's flu.

ET

If its any consolation....we returned from Independence of the Seas on 26 January and I developed a dry cough and cold about a week into the cruise....it always seems to happen to me on winter cruises and I think the various bugs brought on board travel through the air conditioning....although we did have a balcony and left the door open a fraction at night I still succumbed!!! I am still coughing and spluttering now !! :)

Air conditioning is the bane of my life on holiday as it affects my skin and I break out in acne. Not a good look in your 50's! With the aeroplane and the ship I really suffer. Three days after getting home it's noticeably better.

The things we put up with for our holidays!

Carol x

I hate the air conditioning too. It always makes me feel ill the second week. I was fine the time that we had a balcony because we left the door open all the time.

I also think that you pick up a lot of germs on the plane coming back

If its any consolation....we returned from Independence of the Seas on 26 January and I developed a dry cough and cold about a week into the cruise....it always seems to happen to me on winter cruises and I think the various bugs brought on board travel through the air conditioning....although we did have a balcony and left the door open a fraction at night I still succumbed!!! I am still coughing and spluttering now !! :)

Hi Jenny, what did you think of the IOTS?

Hi Linda...We did like it on the whole, although it was very busy... and it was not full !! cabin was fine....entertainment was good....food was mostly OK...itinerary was brilliant and weather was good...we would go on her again if the price and itinerary was right....but don't really like such a big ship!! Drinks pricey so we didn't have much...just used the on board credit..just did one excursion...again with obc....We thought it was a good choice for the time of year !! :)

Archived