NCL kids clubs ages 2+

cantwaitforoasis

Hi. I am excited about knowing my 2.5 year old will be able to participate in the kids clubs with the 2-5 year old range.

Can someone share more details on what this includes?

Hoping to find out: What hours can this age group use the kids clubs?

How long can they be there for? What kinds of things do they get to do?

Did your toddler have a good time there?

I read that the parents get a pager for when the tot needs a diaper change.

Is this separate from the play time when parents join their babies/toddlers?

we were on the NCL Pearl last summer and my son had turned 3 the day before we sailed. His sister was 4. They enjoyed the kids club.... it's open basically from about 9am to 10pm on sea days... on days you are in port you can still drop kids there, but there is a fee for that. On port days after the ship sets sail (or before it docks) the kids club is open and free.... the fee only applies to when it is docked.

When you register them on the first day, you can get a tour and a schedule for your kids' age group.... some of the time is "free play", meaning unstructured activities, and other times there are themed things.... there was a Dora The Explorer Birthday Party thing, a Prince and Princess night where they made costumes (out of construction paper) and had a parade, stuff like that. They had a bubble machine, and one day they were playing songs and the kids were all dancing with the bubbles blowing all around. They loved that.

You can basically drop them off whenever, and pick them up whenever you like. You do get a pager, and they'll page you if he/she isn't happy. They also ask for a general idea of where you will be. We typically used it for an hour or so at a time, maybe in the morning while we'd go to the spa or fitness center. Some people like to take the kids to the buffet for dinner, then drop them off at the kids club for a couple hours so they can have a quiet meal without kids.... whatever works for you!

Hi. I am excited about knowing my 2.5 year old will be able to participate in the kids clubs with the 2-5 year old range.

Can someone share more details on what this includes?

Hoping to find out: What hours can this age group use the kids clubs?

How long can they be there for? What kinds of things do they get to do?

Did your toddler have a good time there?

I read that the parents get a pager for when the tot needs a diaper change.

Is this separate from the play time when parents join their babies/toddlers?

you didn't mention which ship you are going to be on, but the 2-5 information for the Epic is listed in my link http://s1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa440/marybethp18/

Cruisinmama06 has a link in her signature that lists lots of other NCL kids club info since I'm not sure which ship you're on.

My daughter is 5 so didn't have the potty issue, but I saw others coming in to change their children. They have free play and organized events, both of which my daughter really enjoyed - especially face painting! She was a pirate, blue (from blue's clues) and a zebra!

My son was just a couple months under 5 when we cruise with NCL Pearl last year. He was potty trained but he needed help with his pants (still struggled with pulling it back up). they gave us a cell phone and we get phone calls from the kids club when my son needed to use the bathroom.

We also participated in some family activities like family pictionary and pizza making. family pictionary was fun but we didn't really eat the pizza we made which I felt kind of bad. Family pictionary was fun and each kid got a prize afterward. the prizes are like sticker books or pencils, etc.

Youngestof9's program will give you an idea of what they do.

I remember on the Pearl they were showing the movie "Up". For some reason my DD (who was 4) didn't like that movie. She get scared by the old man. Anyway we got a call and checked her out. Then we went back later when they had other activities.

She loves the face painting, the treasure hunt (they took the kids around the ship and look for treasures - goodies like candies or small prizes). When we were at glacier bay, a park ranger also visited the kids club and did a presentation to the kids, also face painting there.

they have "open play" time for kids to play at the jungle gym.

We always check them out at lunch b/c they don't feed the kids there.

Archived