Century...in my humble opinion.

Danno

Just about it, I guess...another great week away from work on one of X's best ships.

Disembarkation was FAST...we knew it would be because we didn't fly out until 8PM !! We met in Micheals Club...self served coffee, tea and pastries...it was really a very civilized way to wrap up a cruise. Gone seems to be the "here's your hat, there's the door" feeling of past years...this is a nice change.

We raced over to the airport to try to make the early flight but it was booked solid...so we made a day of it in FLL. By the time we had concluded the misery of air travel and the drive home we put our heads down in our own bed at 4am...a long day. But we made our traditional Sunday morning breakfast with friends at 9am and really didn't seem to feel the effects until that evening. There is something nice about a day at home before returning to work...

I'll have a conclusion soon...have a great trip Lois!!

I conclusion....it was a really enjoyable 7 days...is X as good as it once was?? Not a chance...nor is cruising on the whole.

However I think with the choices out there, the price point, the attempt to be at least a bit "special", that X still is the only line that interests me.

I really am finding the entertainment around the ship dated and stale. Same old, same old, same old...the problem is not really the performers but the old style cruise dreck they have to perform (don't get me started on "Spanish Eyes").

I may take a year off cruising to enjoy and island holiday next year...I am finding the islands so crowded with ships now that there is no sense of the local atmosphere or people, time to get away from cruise ports for a change...I expect this will only make me enjoy what cruising offers when I return to a ship.

Regardless of what we do next year I will continue to spend time on this board...the thought of this group without my supervision is just plain scary :D. I may show up as Danno or as my alter ego NEWT (not really, but some people here think we are one in the same, so why rock the cruise ship).

back to work now....

Danno I have been lurking thru the entire Review to get it all at one time ! Thanks for the memories`````hope they didnt play that one !!``````

We cruise with our Matt this Sept, except it will be with him going down the aisle! His last X- cruise with us was on Century also.

EW

Dan,

Thanks for all of the fun, and please do stay on the boards with us. We still may not go in April 06 on Century, as things have changed a bit here. Very sick family member, but I am with you. I love the boards.

We shall stay with you all.

Patti

Hi Danno

Was Joseph kind of a heavy set young guy (late 20's?) from South Africa?

If its the guy I am thinking of he was our wine steward on the Century at Christmas. He was wonderful.

I agree about the entertainment. I am semi- in the business and have been attending some rehearsals at Royal Caribbean. THEY have some terrific productions. Too bad they aren't sharing with X.

Suzanne <----leaving on the Summit in 11 days, hoping for calm seas this time!!

Archived